CTRL+F bug?

Report problems with JoinFS.
BF Bullpup

CTRL+F bug?

Post by BF Bullpup »

Greetings! I have been using JoinFS for years. An alarming bug has existed since I installed version 1.6.6 (perhaps it was 1.6.5 too but I am not 100% certain). This happens when using FSX:SE and when both Network and Simulator are in green. When I multitask during a flight and hit CTRL+F in another software (for example, to find a term in a web page in Chrome or document using NotePad) outside of my simulator, it causes me to warp to where another JoinFS user furthest away from me is - exact same altitude and heading and I think ground speed too - I am not at all certain about the last one. It even changes the time of the day - I was flying in Japan in the morning and warped to northern Italy at night (so no change in UTC time, I guess). Sometime I crash instantly because I was cruising at .75 M (not fun when I was using PACX and SimToolKit Pro, sigh) and sometimes I luck out and do not hit a mountain or ground, allowing me to assess what the heck was going on and why it keeps happening. This had been going on for a few days so I decided to sit down and try to identify with of the dozen add-ons I use... and it turned out to be JoinFS causing this issue. Can you please look into this? Thank you very much for all the support and improvements!
Peter
Site Admin

Re: CTRL+F bug?

Post by Peter »

Ouch, that's pretty bad. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Will fix asap.

Peter
BF Bullpup

Re: CTRL+F bug?

Post by BF Bullpup »

Thank you sir! I just realized there is a Discord (with a support channel) but this might help to keep things more organized. BTW you should consider adding a Discord link to the front page of JoinFS. I would have joined a long time ago. I only found out via the SUPPORT (emphasis mine) forum, so people wouldn't know about it if JoinFS has been working fine for them.

Best,
Richard