X-plane Reporting wrong Original and Subsititute

Report problems with JoinFS.
RotorRick

X-plane Reporting wrong Original and Subsititute

Post by RotorRick »

Peter, I am currently in a flight with someone using the same aircraft as i am. Mine is showing as the WRONG one, weirdly so (Cowan Simulations Bell222B - Jetranger) which doesnt exist I do have the Cowan 222B AND several Jetrangers.... He is seeing the correct name on his end and I see him as the same as mine. Is it a delete the model matching and rescan issue? If so...how?

Thanks,

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-plane Reporting wrong Original and Subsititute

Post by Peter »

So, do you mean in your JoinFS it shows you in the Aircraft list as "Cowan Simulations Bell222B - Jetranger"?

Which version of JoinFS are you currently using?

Peter
RotorRick

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
Yes. It displays Cowan Simulations Bell 222B - Jetranger but the matching is correct. I started with 1.5.3 BETA but it does it when I switch to 1.5.1 Release as well.

Also, we are seeing double cockpits in shared cockpit and they never sync up...??

Is there a trick to the sequencing for entering share cockpit?

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The implementation on X-Plane isn't ideal at the moment. It constructs the model name partly from the higher folder name and the file name for the aircraft so it doesn't match exactly with what it says in X-Plane. That might be part of the problem. Is this a freely available rotor, and is there a download for it?

In the X-Plane menu where you choose your aircraft, hover of the icon of that aircraft and it should display the full path name for the aircraft. Could you tell me what the full path is, please?

If you are seeing double cockpits then it sounds as though it's not removing the other aircraft correctly. I'll see if can reproduce the problem here.

I'm making some major changes to the X-Plane aircraft insertion which might well solve both of these issues. Keep an eye out for an update with these changes.

Peter
RotorRick

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
this behavior just started. It used to report the correct name for all aircraft. This is ODD.
The path for the Jet Ranger we were flying is:
C:\SIM\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Helicopters\Bell 206 Jetranger III

The path for the Cowan Simulations Bell 222B is:

C:\SIM\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Helicopters\Cowan Simulation - 222B

The name it reported was:

Cowan Simulations Bell 222B - Jetranger

Very odd. And again I have never had this particular issue. Reverting to 1.5.1 did not work.

The doubled cockpit and startup issues have been an on/off problem for a long while. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't We couldn't get a hand over of controls to work today and my VR Controllers weren't being recognized either ONLY when in shared cockpit.

Both Sims Helicopters are payware. However we DID try it with the X-plane.org Bell 206-19 which is a freeware download. Please be aware that throttle is mapped to wing sweep in x-plane for some reason.

I sent you a PM regarding testing. Let me know.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick