Random Port???

Report problems with JoinFS.
RotorRick

Random Port???

Post by RotorRick »

Today, for the first time, we connected 5 people with JoinFS all using x-plane. Each one was using the default port 6112. The last person kept connecting with a different port each time. We were able to see him, but he could not see us. Likely because we were receiving from him at the correct port and he was sending on the wrong one.

Any idea why and how to fix it? I tried to have him change to a specific port...no change. we changed to HIS port, no change.

Ideas?

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Random Port???

Post by Peter »

Was it always the same person that had the problem?

Did he definitely have sufficient AI aircraft in the flight configuration?

The ports are all specific to your own connections, there’s no requirement or effect from having different ones.

It’s likely that it’s his router that is using a different port. Don’t forget that even though you set the port to 6112, the router may use a different allocated external port, which is the one you will see in the user view.

Having said that, he still ought to be able to see you.

It’s possible that his router or ISP is unable to use peer-to-peer. He could try setting his router to port forward 6112 direct to his PC. That may improve things.

Peter
RotorRick

Re: Random Port???

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. i will post your reply to him....I am SURE it was on his side. I was just looking for some things to try.

Rick