MSFS and P3D

Report problems with JoinFS.
fsgg

MSFS and P3D

Post by fsgg »

Hi , I started a sessie with MS2020 and a second player with P3Dv4. The connection was OK , but The P3D palyer saw my aircraft, but I din't see the P3D aircraft in my MS2020. I only saw him in the aircraft list but not in real, Any 1dea , Joop
Peter
Site Admin

Re: MSFS and P3D

Post by Peter »

Hi Joop,

Are you using 1.5.0?

Was the distance in the Aircraft view orange or red?

Try selecting the aircraft in the Aircraft view, right click and substitute for another model. Bear in mind that with 2020, if the aircraft you want to substitute isn't in the list, you'll need to load that aircraft into the simulator (by temporarily changing your aircraft) and then it should appear in the substitute list.

Peter
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I started joinfs 1.50 fresh again and the first time , there was no question to set the substitutes. But this time it was. So I replaced all the substitute aircraftmodels and made connection again and now everything was perfect. We had a session with 2 MSFS and 2 P3D and we saw each other . Thanks for all your work on joinfs.
Joop , FSGG
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

fsgg wrote:Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I started joinfs 1.50 fresh again and the first time , there was no question to set the substitutes. But this time it was. So I replaced all the substitute aircraftmodels and made connection again and now everything was perfect. We had a session with 2 MSFS and 2 P3D and we saw each other . Thanks for all your work on joinfs.
Joop , FSGG
Great. The reason I asked about the version is that I think I have fixed this to work first time in 1.5.1.

Thanks,
Peter
obiwan023

Post by obiwan023 »

I (MSFS) flew with a friend (P3D) and he was able to see me, but I wasn't able to see him. This was our first time using JFS. I never got the model matching window. What settings should I have in MSFS regarding multiplayer and AI?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

obiwan023 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:02 pm I (MSFS) flew with a friend (P3D) and he was able to see me, but I wasn't able to see him. This was our first time using JFS. I never got the model matching window. What settings should I have in MSFS regarding multiplayer and AI?
There have been a few reports of this over the last few weeks. I'm still trying to determine the cause. Did you see them in the aircraft window? If so, what colour was the distance column for his aircraft?

Peter
obiwan023

Post by obiwan023 »

Peter wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:41 pm
obiwan023 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:02 pm I (MSFS) flew with a friend (P3D) and he was able to see me, but I wasn't able to see him. This was our first time using JFS. I never got the model matching window. What settings should I have in MSFS regarding multiplayer and AI?
There have been a few reports of this over the last few weeks. I'm still trying to determine the cause. Did you see them in the aircraft window? If so, what colour was the distance column for his aircraft?

Peter
I believe It was green. I was able to see him in the aircraft list. He was able to see me.

Do I need to disable AI traffic in MSFS? Also in the multiplayer section for the SIM, what option should I select?