Communicating with unknown flyers

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
ez_aviator

Communicating with unknown flyers

Post by ez_aviator »

Hi,
Our small group has been using joinfs for a while now, and finding it very useful, as we have now dropped FS2020 multiplayer.

Whilst flying one of our sessions today, we noticed another plane not in our group, which seemed to be following us.
Looking at the aircraft list of the public server we were using, we found them, but we had no way to communicate to them (which would have been friendly).
The public server indicated that they use teamspeak, but with no other instructions.
Is there a way to contact the server operator to find if we can use their teamspeak facilities.

Many thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Communicating with unknown flyers

Post by Peter »

Is there a website mentioned at all? If it is a teamspeak server address you might be able to connect to it using the teamspeak client.

There is a text chat feature in the session window. However, I doubt they will notice that since there is currently no audio notification. This is something I could look at doing. I don't think many use the chat feature, probably because of the lack of notification.

Peter
ez_aviator

Post by ez_aviator »

Thanks Peter,

Perhaps we should look at a server that uses Discord or something similar, in case that happens again.
Great shame that we could not say Hi to our friendly infiltrator.

Geoff
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Have you tried SimCom X ? If he was using that on 122.800 you may have been able to speak to him.

Peter
ez_aviator

Post by ez_aviator »

Thanks Peter,
We will have to see if he pops up again. Been quite for a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Geoff