FS2020 Airplane flies sideways with SU6

Report problems with JoinFS.
fl95

FS2020 Airplane flies sideways with SU6

Post by fl95 »

Hi,
after updating the FS2020 to SU6, the flightdirection is not longer transfered via JoinFS 3.1.2.
We tested with 6 Planes and Helicopter and Position was correct but the direction of the Plane was static.
A connected "Littel NavMap" also show the wrong direction of the remote Aircrafts.

Achim
vedum

Re: FS2020 Airplane flies sideways with SU6

Post by vedum »

I confirm the issue. And the altitude seems to not be transfered too.
Intel 2600K oc à 4.30Ghz - Ram 16Go DDR3 1600 - Carte mère Asus P68Z68-V LX - Écran 23"+19p - GTX 670 2Go
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Yep! Asobo has changed something and now all planes from JoinFS are flying sideways for me and my friends too :roll:
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks for letting me know. I will check it but I suspect this is going to affect everyone with FS2020. Unfortunately if it is a simulator issue there might not be anything I can do about it. Perhaps it will be fixed in a future FS2020 release. All JoinFS does is send SimConnect updates.

It will be interesting to see if vPilot or other clients are also affected.

Peter
GAF5006

Post by GAF5006 »

Same problem here and all my friends in our sim-community also have it. We are all fans of JoinFS, but with this issue JoinFS ist not usable in MSFS2020. Just think, how bad ist looks, if You fly in a formation of sideways flying airplanes.
Yesterday we tried our sunday-flight using the MSFS-Multiplayer, but this is really not an option, because we need to see the other aircraft in tools like Little Navmap, what is not possible with MSFS-MP, but with JoinFS.
I really hope, that this issue will be fixed soon.
By the way: if there is no fix on the side of JoinFS possible and we have to wait for Asobo/MS, could it perhaps be an interim solution, that JoinFS matches all MSFS2020-aircraft with an invisible airplane? So JoinFS-Users could use the MSFS-MP for visualisation and the Features of JoinsFS in the same session. Just an idea....
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

GAF5006 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am Same problem here and all my friends in our sim-community also have it. We are all fans of JoinFS, but with this issue JoinFS ist not usable in MSFS2020. Just think, how bad ist looks, if You fly in a formation of sideways flying airplanes.
Yesterday we tried our sunday-flight using the MSFS-Multiplayer, but this is really not an option, because we need to see the other aircraft in tools like Little Navmap, what is not possible with MSFS-MP, but with JoinFS.
I really hope, that this issue will be fixed soon.
By the way: if there is no fix on the side of JoinFS possible and we have to wait for Asobo/MS, could it perhaps be an interim solution, that JoinFS matches all MSFS2020-aircraft with an invisible airplane? So JoinFS-Users could use the MSFS-MP for visualisation and the Features of JoinsFS in the same session. Just an idea....
You could substitute each aircraft in JoinFS with an empty object (if you can find one, even a tiny object would probably do). If you want to make that temporary, you could take a copy of the model matching file from the JoinFS application folder so when the problem gets fixed you can revert back to your original substitutions.

Would be useful to know if vPilot etc also suffer from this latest sim update issue.

Peter
fl95

Post by fl95 »

We fly a mixed session with P3DV4 and FS2020. The P3D people see the FS2020 airplanes fly and roll in the right direction, the FS2020 people see all other airplanes in the wrong (fixed) direction. It seems to be a problem with receiving the right direction in fs2020.
On P3D you see also the remote Airplanes in LittleNavmap correct moving, in FS2020 in LittleNavmap and Xmapsy (Skydemon) in wrong fixed direction.
Achim
NaughtyGnome

Post by NaughtyGnome »

Hi Peter,

Is there maybe an option to translate the data that details the direction of the plane within the app so that it mitigates the strange direction that SimConnect seems to be passing?

Thanks
TechnicAl

Post by TechnicAl »

Hi Peter,
I use JoinFS to assemble overdubbed formation flights etc when producing videos

- If it helps with this problem:
At the moment after SU6, an AI aircraft gets no change of direction data from a recorded flight and just continues to follow the recorded flight path in its original orientation.

However if you enter the cockpit of that recorded flight with a "live" aircraft (which is how I fly along with a formation to record video) then the aircraft behaves normally. So the data is being recorded correctly but AI aircraft aren't receiving and/or are not responding to it correctly.
TechnicAl

Post by TechnicAl »

Just to double check the above I have tried one of my many previous recordings made before the update, and a group flight at Duxford has my group of vintage aircraft taxiing perfectly but sideways along the taxiway. So good recorded data can no longer fully control the AI aircraft.

Jumping into the cockpit of one of the sideways aircraft it immediately returns to normal and orientates correctly thereafter. I also noted that if you pause and play the recorded flight the planes assume the correct orientation but this is then fixed and doesn't change until you pause/play again.
So the playback data is there but it is not being passed continually.

I'm just hoping this info can help identify the specific issue with SimConnect in MSFS
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi TechnicAl,

thanks for the information. That does confirm that it is an Update 6 issue. However, that last point is quite interesting if it resets when pausing the recording. Perhaps there is a workaround, I will have a look into it.

Peter
Djeez2

Post by Djeez2 »

vedum wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:47 pm I confirm the issue. And the altitude seems to not be transfered too.
I can confirm that the heading is indeed fixed at the heading when first connected and does not update after that. Altitude is correct though.
People that use e.g. P3D are also displayed incorrectly in MSFS2020.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I tried last night and got the same issue. Basically something in 2020 update 6 has meant that the SimConnect interface is no longer working as it has since the days of FSX. Hopefully they will discover and fix the issue. I can see if there is a workaround.

Peter
Mac@BathUK

Post by Mac@BathUK »

Peter,
Just a thought..... Recognising that MS - or Asobo? - rather do like to change things (sometimes spuriously, simply for the sake of it!!) have you considered whether their current use of the phrase "track" has replaced the former "heading" and thus your existing Variables .txt files MIGHT not now be recognised???
Clutching at straws, I know!...... but our recent on-line flight controlling at BFSG - especially at destination -is currently hilarious....with arrivals landing "wing-first", or tail-first" requires copious 'Network Refresh' clicks (which DOES seem to re-align most of our guys).
For what it's worth......("I know Nussing Mr Fawlty"!!! :D :D
Barry
I truly CAN be a "Happy-Chappy"...
But only when my :oops: * :mrgreen: * :evil: * :!: :!: 'Puter behaves itself!!
vvt55

Post by vvt55 »

fl95 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 pm We fly a mixed session with P3DV4 and FS2020. The P3D people see the FS2020 airplanes fly and roll in the right direction, the FS2020 people see all other airplanes in the wrong (fixed) direction. It seems to be a problem with receiving the right direction in fs2020.
On P3D you see also the remote Airplanes in LittleNavmap correct moving, in FS2020 in LittleNavmap and Xmapsy (Skydemon) in wrong fixed direction.
Achim
I confirm that flying with only P3D and FSX everything in working well.
Renato
Piloti Virtuali Italiani
stevieb

Post by stevieb »

Quickly toggle the Ignore checkbox in Session View to re-align the aircraft. Of course, you have to keep doing this every time the aircraft's direction changes.
fl95

Post by fl95 »

.....nothing new ? VATSIM and IVAO don't seem to have that Problem... :-(
Achim
Mac@BathUK

Post by Mac@BathUK »

Peter,
Just another thought - about the SU6 update breakage......
How easy would it be - for you....not me/us!!.... to incorporate a (for wan t of better terminology) simple NETWORK "turn-off/turn-om" action - that would only last for a split second...... but perhaps every 5 or 10 seconds apart?
During our regular BFSG group flying, I have found that this simple 'double-click' ALWAYS realigns the entire pack/group to facing their correct direction of flight/travel.
It is simply a pain to have to keep doing this.....but perhaps it is a "simple" :shock: work-around that could keep us happy (happier?!?!) until Asabo get around to sorting out what is - clearly - THEIR error!
Barry
{Clutching at more straws!)
I truly CAN be a "Happy-Chappy"...
But only when my :oops: * :mrgreen: * :evil: * :!: :!: 'Puter behaves itself!!
jonbeckett

Post by jonbeckett »

It's not a problem with the simulator - I suspect you're reading the data from SimConnect in a non-standard way. The "Transmitter" app I wrote that generates whazzup data for LittleNavMap uses the following library, which has not been effected:

https://github.com/c-true/FsConnect

Their wrapper worked both before and after SU6. It appears they are asking for the standard variable names.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

jonbeckett wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:28 pm It's not a problem with the simulator - I suspect you're reading the data from SimConnect in a non-standard way. The "Transmitter" app I wrote that generates whazzup data for LittleNavMap uses the following library, which has not been effected:

https://github.com/c-true/FsConnect

Their wrapper worked both before and after SU6. It appears they are asking for the standard variable names.
I just had a look at that code and it appears to use "PLANE HEADING DEGREES TRUE" which is the same one that JoinFS uses.

Peter