objects not visible

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DEMON702

objects not visible

Post by DEMON702 »

hi there although i am new to these forums i am not new to JOINFS .
a group of us fly the VRS SUPERBUG its a f18 e it uses a weapon delivery system called TACKPACK . the version of join fs we use is 1.4.31 this is the only version that we know of that tackpack works in . i notice in all newer versions of joinfs in the settings there is a box to check that says AUTO BRODCAST VRS TACKPACK however it doesn't work. this also affects object creation. in the older version we use a player could place for example an aircraft carrier ,broadcast it and all players would see it but also detect it on sea radar . also using another add on called FSX@WAR and CCP we are able to create in the older version we use, moving vehicles ,building, aircraft and ships. with the latest versions we are able to broadcast all this but other players do not see anything and they do not appear on the object list in JOINFS . are we doing something wrong or is this just not possible ?
thanks Demon-702
p.s if anyone reading this would like to join our group here is the link http://www.milairsim.com/index.php/
Peter
Site Admin

Re: objects not visible

Post by Peter »

Hi,

thanks for letting me know. I had no idea that this was no longer working. I will take a look once I have completed the current changes.

Thanks,
Peter
DEMON702

Post by DEMON702 »

Hi peter,
well with the release of3.0 I have discovered that the issue described in the earlier post has a fix. not sure if its new or always been there but it has fixed the objects not being visible just go to session, then permissions click and highlight any person in the session and check the box that allows multiple objects and all is good .we are still doing some tests with tackpack but it seems like everything is working normal.

now we are hoping and waiting for the next update
Thanks .
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Yes, that multiple objects option has been there for some time now. It is needed to prevent people from accidentally spamming lots of objects into a session. You need to give permission to have multiple objects sent to you.

I should have realized this from your original post. Perhaps there is a way to make this more obvious in JoinFS as it seems to have happened to a number of people.

If TACKPACK uses some of the SimConnect variables you might want to try the new variable stuff in 3.x.x. You can now sync any SimConnect variable for any object model.

Peter