Global Session

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Global Session

Post by Peter »

A quick heads up about a new feature I'll be trying out in version 1.4.21 (not 1.4.20!). From this version you'll be able to choose to join a single global session. All users joining the global session should be able to see each other. The feature is additional to the existing way that JoinFS works so things can still function as normal if you wish. On the main JoinFS window there will be a tick box for the global session. When this is enabled JoinFS will automatically connect to the global session by default. To return to normal usage just untick the box.

In order to function correctly it relies on at least one public hub to be enabled for the global session. As long as at least one hub has the option ticked then this feature should work as intended.

It's a little bit experimental but may become a preferred way for people to connect to a larger network of users and aircraft, making JoinFS much more like Vatsim and IVAO, especially when used in combination with ATC Roo's voice application.

Peter
ATC Roo

Re: Global Session

Post by ATC Roo »

No pressure then... :shock:

I like this idea a lot and think it'll be great to fly with people you otherwise wouldn't.
TexxasAl

Post by TexxasAl »

Thanks Peter. Looking forward to testing this out.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

What a great idea!!
I will talk to our team about this, but I know them pretty well, by now, betcha they will all over it like a bag of fleas.

We often host people in our hub, and thats a good thing, they may be a gazillion miles away, but we dont care, it just means more people flying.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

I'm going to give Peters new Global feature a bit of a whirl with Simcom X and ESJFS for EuroScope.
Late notice from me as always.

I'll be controlling in the UK so check out the JoinFS map (and Simcom X controller list) to see what ATC positions are manned.

When: TONIGHT (20/01/2019) @ 20:00z (UTC)
Where: JoinFS Test version 1.4.23 (Make sure the Global box is ticked).
Comms: Simcom X (SCX Mode)

I know its the weekend and Groups normally have flights planned, but if you are passing a controller whilst on your flight, a quick call to say hello would be appreciated.
We can then test if they can see you on their radar and hear you on the comms.

All Pilots and ATC welcome, the more the merrier.
We are testing the new Global feature of JoinFS, Simcom X voice comms and Controllers can try the ESJFS tool for EuroScope and VRC.

Downloads:
JoinJFS Test version 1.4.23
Simcom X
P3D V4 users will need the XPack simconnect installed from your SDK folder or use FSUIPC.
Controller Tool:
ESJFS

I hope to say hello to somebody.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Well done. I shall hopefully be on for this.

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Peter wrote:Well done.
Ive not made it yet :lol: :?