Linux X-plane (via WINE)

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
markay

Linux X-plane (via WINE)

Post by markay »

I have tried and tried but I cannot find any documentation on getting JoinFS to work with Linux X-Plane. It is reported on the requirements list that JoinFS works with Linux under Wine. Please can you confirm that JoinFS fully works with X-plane under Linux. As far as I can see the client could work as a stand alone application but there needs to be a lin.xpl plugin for it to work with X-plane itself. And help or advice that can be given would be great. Many thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Linux X-plane (via WINE)

Post by Peter »

Hi,

You're right, there is no specific linux plugin, however the plugin is basically just a DLL, so as far as my limited knowledge of Wine goes, it should be able to handle DLLs built for Windows, but I could be wrong. Are you running X-Plane under Wine, or is it a Linux version of X-Plane. That could be the problem since the DLL won't be working under Wine in that instance.

Peter
markay

Post by markay »

I'm running the Linux native version of X-Plane.

When X-plane starts there seems to be no mechanism to force it to read the DLL using wine. Copying the .dll file into the plugins folder is just ignored by X-plane. I have tried renaming it to lin.xpl but get the error message dlerror:/home/mark/X-Plane 11(Vanilla)/Resources/plugins/JoinFS/64/lin.xpl: invalid ELF header. Which I would expect as the dll file has been compiled for a different architecture.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

In that case the plugin would need to be built for linux. I don't think I have the time to do that I'm afraid.

Peter
markay

Post by markay »

I must admit that I have never managed to get the client installed under WINE either.

Any help you can give in the future would be most appreciated. If you do ever manage to compile for Linux I would love to help you by testing it out.

I know it's cheeky but is the source code available for the community to help you with the workload of maintaining it?

Cheers and keep up the good work
Mark