Send Flightplan

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
mattia1513

Send Flightplan

Post by mattia1513 »

Hi,

How to send flightplan from join fs? is possibile to send a flight plan from a webpage?

Thanks
Mattia
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Send Flightplan

Post by Peter »

Hi Mattia,

So you would like to use a web page to create a flight plan and use that somehow in JoinFS? I'm not quite sure what it is that you are trying to do.

Peter
mattia1513

Post by mattia1513 »

Hi Peter,

Yes something similar...otherwise how can I send the flight plan?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

You can see the flight plan for each aircraft in the aircraft list window. I could add a new function to copy the flight plan from another aircraft and set that in your simulator, is that similar to what you are asking for?

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Peter wrote:You can see the flight plan for each aircraft in the aircraft list window. I could add a new function to copy the flight plan from another aircraft and set that in your simulator, is that similar to what you are asking for?

Peter
Peter -

That would be a great feature. One pilot has a flight plan - everyone else that joins just copies it into their sim, 'untouched by human hands'. Sweet.

Dan
mattia1513

Post by mattia1513 »

Peter wrote:You can see the flight plan for each aircraft in the aircraft list window. I could add a new function to copy the flight plan from another aircraft and set that in your simulator, is that similar to what you are asking for?

Peter

ok but how to send FPL?
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Who are you trying to send a flight plan to Mattia?
ATC?
mattia1513

Post by mattia1513 »

ATC Roo wrote:Who are you trying to send a flight plan to Mattia?
ATC?
yes for example to see it on euroscope, like ivao system
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Set the plan using the flight planner feature in FSX/P3D and Euroscope will see it.

I don't have Xplane so unable to help there.

If your departure and destination shows on the maps, you have correctly sent a FP.
Dan23452767645

Post by Dan23452767645 »

Good Evening,

I am liking the integration with Euroscope, now that I have it working. However, I too have queries and issues with the flight plan connectivity with Euroscope. I was connected to Euroscope and my friend on P3D. He set up the flight plan on his end through the flight planner feature on P3D, and it came through into Euroscope, however, with some issues.

Firstly, there was no data in the altitude or route boxes in Euroscope, and the aircraft type box had a "/" at the beginning causing some issues. I thought never-mind, and I changed the slash and added in the route and altitude which I asked him for in the route box on Euroscope. However, shortly after, the JFSD program fetched the flight plan again from my friend's sim and it reset.

I am considering making a simple web program where FPs can be entered and managed, but I thought that I'd contact you first to see if anything could be done on that end, making it easier to use for the controller and pilot.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Hi Dan,

I'm glad the tool is working for you.

I'm in the process of rewriting it and it can now display data from FSX/P3D.
Dan23452767645 wrote: Firstly, there was no data in the altitude or route boxes in Euroscope, and the aircraft type box had a "/" at the beginning causing some issues. I thought never-mind, and I changed the slash and added in the route and altitude which I asked him for in the route box on Euroscope. However, shortly after, the JFSD program fetched the flight plan again from my friend's sim and it reset.
I'm not sure if I can fetch the planned altitude or route.
I don't think JoinFS transmits these (I'm sure Peter will let us know) and I can't see a way to pull them from the SIM.

I am able to gain the next waypoint which might help, but not all the planned waypoints on route.

I have removed the slash in the next version I release.

The flight plans do update automatically overwriting anything you have changed.
I can edit this so flight plans are only added on button click?
If you press the get flight plans button again it would still overwrite anything you have edited.

The tool was written to not fully support Euroscope (as then it would be an FSD server) but more to make Euroscope useable with JoinFS.
Dan23452767645 wrote: I am considering making a simple web program where FPs can be entered and managed, but I thought that I'd contact you first to see if anything could be done on that end, making it easier to use for the controller and pilot.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
If you do, let me know and the little Euroscope Tool should be able to include the extra data you collect.
Dan23452767645

Post by Dan23452767645 »

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The tool is working excellently for me.

Looking at what you've put here, I can see that some sort of external web-page may be needed for the flight plans.

I understand your aims with this, and I'm very impressed by what you have made, (that is from my non-technical view), it is incredibly helpful.

I will start working on some sort of web tool then, however, it won't be very good due to my poor knowledge of 'internet things', so I don't know how well the tool will be able to pick up info from it.

Thanks,
Dan