Random engine shutdowns again V 1.3.3

Report problems with JoinFS.
FireRx

Random engine shutdowns again V 1.3.3

Post by FireRx »

Hey Peter,

I still experiencing random engine shutdowns upon other folks joining a session on all aircraft now. even affect my PMDG tubeliner flights. so far I simply ignore the person that joined the session and continue the flight. Just an FYI. Note it only affect engines. Autopilot and Nav all remain intact on the session.

Thanks sir.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Random engine shutdowns again V 1.3.3

Post by Peter »

Oddly, it seems to be getting more common, but perhaps there's just more reports of it. Anyway, I'm looking into it. In the next version I'm adding some extra debug information into the monitor view to try and track the cause of the problem. I was going to post a new thread about it, but I might as well use this particular thread to do it. So, in version 1.3.5 you'll be able to take the following steps:

(and this applies to anyone who is experiencing this regularly)

1. Wait until you first see the engine cut out during a session.
2. Go to View|Monitor and tick both the 'Detailed' and 'Save to...' boxes.
3. Restart your engine.
3. Apparently once the problem happens once then it reoccurs afterwards. So repeat what you did just before the engine cut (i.e. substitute model or ask other person to re-connect to the session)
4. After the engine has cut again, go to the monitor window and untick 'Detailed'
5. Finally, either post or PM the log from the monitor window by clicking 'View Logs...'. It's the 'log-current-TEST.txt' that you need.

Hopefully this will help to get to the bottom of the problem.
Peter
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

copy that!
I will post this to the rest of my flight group as well.

Thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Version 1.3.5 test build is out.

If you get the engine cut-out bug, try the above steps to obtain a log of events when the problem occurs.

Thanks,
Peter
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

hey Peter,
we tested out 1.3.6 this morning tweo Caranado plane, one other payware aircraft and a P3D default plane. still getting power bumps when people join the session. where do I send that monitor log txt file for you? forum gives me a file extension error when I try to add it to this post.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Great. If you click on Private Messages at the top right. The Click New PM, you should be able to attach the log to the message.

Peter
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

sent Peter.
however I had to abreviate it. it would only allow 60K characters. the txt was 444K.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Has anyone seen this problem in 1.4.1 or later? Will be interested to hear of it if you do.

Thanks,
Peter