Bug List

Report problems with JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Bug List

Post by Peter »

Known Bugs
  • Hard coded back slash character on log files. viewtopic.php?p=7323#p7323
  • Global session no longer available without a global hub. Need to modify the way the global session works.
  • Flight controls not synchronizing on X-Plane or FSX.
  • Carriers not appearing in the object list or being broadcast. viewtopic.php?p=6407#p6407
  • Bell 47G other liveries are always the user's livery.
  • Join box showing IP address instead of server name after relaunching.
  • Aircraft ought to show on Avitab
  • Desync occurred when MSF joined P3D cockpit and P3D gave back control.
  • MSFS2020 co-pilot unsteady aircraft. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1061
  • Rotorcraft not appearing in P3D. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1090
  • Canopies apparently broken again. Open/closing all the time.
  • X-Plane swapping cockpits, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1004
  • Overdub problem recording in X-Plane. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=957
  • Shared cockpit. Oscillating speed due to network catch up code.
  • FS2020. FSX shared cockpit, no RPM, artificial horizon. Problem leaving cockpit. viewtopic.php?f=4&p=5488#p5487
  • Fuel burn bug in shared cockpit, http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 3417#p3417
  • Weather should be automatically synced during shared cockpit.
  • Problem with recording ships, playback on deck. http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 2972#p2972
  • Need to broadcast TACAN frequency on carrier objects. http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=448
  • Some add-on aircraft show mirrored movement on control surfaces.
  • Gear/flaps/autopilot don't synchronize with some deep-sim add ons.
  • Several seconds of jitter during shared cockpit hand over.
  • Aircraft can go under ground during a shared cockpit session with different scenery.
  • Shared cockpit VOR fluctuates, altimeter pressure not synced.
  • Tacpack option should also switch off objects sent from other clients.
  • Prevent aircraft stress during bad network connection.
  • IVAO MTLs not displayed in aircraft list.
  • Weather copying has some strange effects sometimes.
  • Undercarriage is often raised when new aircraft are inserted, followed by animation to lower it.
Fixed
  • Apply P3D subfolder selection to everything under the P3D add-on folder. v3.2.4
  • Model matching, parsing problem, http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=794
  • P3D, MSFS, can't substitute after inject failure.
  • IFR not showing up in the whazzup file.
  • Masquerading broken. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1141.
  • X-Plane label distance shows incorrect number.
  • Simulator button stays green after closing X-Plane.
  • X-Plane regularly disconnects from JoinFS.
  • Callsign should match ATC options in MSFS2020, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1068
  • Local LAN hub doesn't show in own hub list.
  • Recorder plays beyond the end of the recording. http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 3031#p3031
  • Unable to set shared cockpit AP altitude above 32700, http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 3502#p3502
  • Unable to ignore simulator aircraft, http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... nore#p3456
  • Connecting network before simulator causes model matching to select all aircraft as default.
  • Fix auto broadcast. http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... cast#p3289
  • Disable Permissions button when selected self.
  • Need to re-order columns in the user list.
  • A few people get a permanent 45 degree bank of other aircraft. Could be aileron trim desync.
  • Aircraft change in X-Plane is now reflected in JoinFS.
  • Prevent taxiing aircraft wandering during bad network connection.
  • Some odd behaviour can occur in shared cockpit. Having more than one co-pilot can cause some issues, e.g. wandering dials and switches.
  • Add AP alt/vertical speed events.
  • Move flaps and gear to 'other' in shared cockpit.
  • More shared cockpit variables, http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... load#p2548
  • Apparent desync problem when minimizing to the system tray. http://joinfs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=477
  • Close JoinFS on accepting update request.
  • Refresh button on the aircraft list doesn't move on window resize.
  • Shared cockpit. Flight controls need some work.
  • Fix the slewing that occurs when following aircraft that are at a great distance from the starting point.
  • While entered another cockpit, re-position rather than slew large distances.
  • Some recorded aircraft being broadcast even after recording stops.
  • Shared cockpit. Engine and other controls can be shared.
  • Hyphens should be valid in domain names.
  • Keep UI on top causes problem with dialog boxes.
  • Fixed tumbling aircraft during aerobatics.
  • Problem scanning model files with tabs and quotes.
  • Fixed bug - "Join session, restart JoinFS, join same session".
  • Errors in the data when recording network aircraft.
  • Scan is missing aircraft with 'title = ' due to the spaces.
  • Aircraft detail columns are misaligned in version 1.0.15.
  • Enter cockpit should always be enabled for Recorded and AI aircraft.
  • Need to suppress duplicate aircraft when using both JoinFS and virtual ATC network, at the same time.
  • Canopy moves back and forth when open, on some aircraft.
  • Some cases of missing buttons on the aircraft view.
  • Sometimes there seems to be a problem with model matching. Look out for "Simconnect exception: 3" in the Monitor view.
  • Issue with regularly updated weather. Going to change the way this works slightly.
  • Need to support the new Prepar3D v3 add-on folder structure.
  • Recording other pilots causes their aicraft positions to become chaotic.
  • Fixed twisting aircraft during loop.
  • Auto-broadcast not working on Helicopters.
  • Fixed invalid data appearing in aircraft list. Now shows '-' when no data is available.
  • Aircraft still twists at the top of a loop. Not every time, but is still happening.
  • Checks correctly for user aircraft. Might be related to the P3D visibility problem.
  • Aircraft should now show correctly after restarting the simulator.
  • Fixed incorrect repeated line counter in Monitor.
  • Fixed regular crash in P3D.
  • Now scans for sim.cfg files as well to pick up some helicopter models.
  • Model matching not working for paints with double quotes in the model name.
  • Lights state needs to be sent over the network/recorded.
  • Helicopters do not work at all.
  • Menu not working on first click. Wrong menu type.
  • Exception on simulator quit.
  • Aircraft twists at the top of a loop. (Still happens occasionally since 0.4.0)
Last edited by Peter on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
aeronauta

Re: Bug List

Post by aeronauta »

Peter I see that "Helicopters dont work at all" is fixed , but I have 0.4.2 and the helicopters still don't show..

Jorge
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Jorge,

It's in the FIXED 1.0.0 TBA, which means that it's fixed in the upcoming version 1.0.0. Which will hopefully be available this morning as a test version.

Best regards,
Peter
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hey Peter, tried multiplayer today and it worked great except for the twist at the top of the loop bit on 0.4.2. I sent you an email but got a spam filter message. At any rate, looks like you are already on it.

Way fun stuff!
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Hi Peter , thankyou for the reply, I understand now !!! looking forward to the 1.0 version, I tested the 0.4.2 with P3D 3.4 and FSX with great success , (after some frustration with the helos as I did not look first in the bugs section!) also did some recording and play back... very nice!!!

Jorge
MartinCANCoast

Post by MartinCANCoast »

Peter...
Downloaded Ver 1.0.0 and did a test helo flight with another of my VA pilots. WORKED superbly and was very smooth. We were easily able to place each other in different aircraft as well. This is outstanding!

drmckee

Post by drmckee »

[quote="MartinCANCoast"]Peter...
Downloaded Ver 1.0.0 and did a test helo flight with another of my VA pilots. WORKED superbly and was very smooth. We were easily able to place each other in different aircraft as well. This is outstanding!

I was with Martin on the Helicopter test we ran tonight. I am amazed at the smoothness, animations, etc. Good job.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's great to know that people are using JoinFS and having some great experiences with it. Makes it all worth it :)
karl

Post by karl »

Prior to v (TEST) 1.0.3, "Model Matching" yielded 12,000 models. There are that many because I have an addon AI traffic program. With v (TEST)1.0.3 I am only getting 1,495.

I think it's no longer looking in all of the simobject folders listed in the primary flight sim cfg file (FSX.CFG, etc...). Looking at the new models.txt it appears to contain only models in the Simobjects\Airplanes & Simobjects\Rotorcraft folders

Mine FSX cfg Simobjects list is:
SimObjectPaths.0=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Karl
SimObjectPaths.3=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=D:\FSX\SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.6=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.7=D:\FSX\SimObjects\JFTraffic360
SimObjectPaths.8=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Temp
SimObjectPaths.9=D:\FSX\SimObjects\AI

Cheers
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

karl wrote:Prior to v (TEST) 1.0.3, "Model Matching" yielded 12,000 models. There are that many because I have an addon AI traffic program. With v (TEST)1.0.3 I am only getting 1,495.

I think it's no longer looking in all of the simobject folders listed in the primary flight sim cfg file (FSX.CFG, etc...). Looking at the new models.txt it appears to contain only models in the Simobjects\Airplanes & Simobjects\Rotorcraft folders

Mine FSX cfg Simobjects list is:
SimObjectPaths.0=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Karl
SimObjectPaths.3=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=D:\FSX\SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.6=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.7=D:\FSX\SimObjects\JFTraffic360
SimObjectPaths.8=D:\FSX\SimObjects\Temp
SimObjectPaths.9=D:\FSX\SimObjects\AI
Hi Karl,

you're absolutely right, I restricted it to just check the two you mentioned as I thought only those contained valid flight models.

I've now changed this back to everything in SimObjects. If you get version 1.0.3 again from the website, and reinstall that version you should be okay.

Sorry about that , and thanks for mentioning it :)

Peter
wonkypineappledonkey

Post by wonkypineappledonkey »

Hey there... just inquire the issues! with flying with other player planes next to you! there is a small! bank angle with planes! in level flight!or while turning not effecting on taxi or parking situation!!!! notised on many players on our joinfs server + they see other players on small angle on flight.... Best Wishes: wonkypineappledonkey from Us Central
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Yes, this has been mentioned before. Interestingly it was also someone from US Central. What type of aircraft was showing these symptoms?

My initial guess is that it has something to do with rudder control or possibly the rudder trim. The rudder trim is not currently sent over the network, but I've fixed this for 1.1.7.

Also, make sure that you have ATC Mode disabled in View|Settings. That will cause the planes to behave very much as you described.

Peter
wonkypineappledonkey

thx for answer! yeah the problem are impacting most of your joinfs users... i have been using project airbuses + captain sim + carenado & freeware planes all have same issue! and other members what ever they use are the same! problem yeah seems like it really do not matter what the plane is! just shows other players.... lean on right! little bit! but anyways we are going to test those atc settings! mixing up bit! if that has any effect...
wonkypineappledonkey

btw looked back some twich videos of groups flights! notised! in really low speed landings plane rights its self!from small right side the bank angle! was barely notting! after aircraft are using flaps of any degree! and when wheels on groud bird are level! just bit odd :)
fcyspm30

Post by fcyspm30 »

Hello Piter,
With a friend we use P3DV4 in cockpit shared with JoinFS V 1.1.4. The plane "A" possesses all the orders and he flight normally.
The plane "B "(co-pilot) runs normally but during flight he tilts to the left or the right.
The heights entered the PA and the function NAV are not broadcast in pilot "B"
Sorry for my English. It is a translator. :oops:
Yves
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Yves,

It sounds like you have ATC Mode enabled in the JoinFS settings? Could you make sure that it is switched off. It's only meant for use with radar and GPS functions and has a side effect of affecting the plane dynamics.

Which height values are you referring to?

Peter
fcyspm30

Post by fcyspm30 »

Hello Peter,

I'm French sorry for my English
In our VA we have a training center and shared cockpit is excellent for that. Howewer there are some problems that I go tried to report to you:
After resettlement JoinFS V.1.2.5 and in configurations P3D/P3d or P3D/FSX problems are similar.The pilots "A" and "B" connect via the concentrator and pilot "A" has all commands. Frame rate at 30 i/s.Plane used is Beech Baron 58. Modes ATC are switched OFF on "A" and "B"

Here are shares not transmetted From "A" to "B":
- Fuel and Payload
- setting QNH
- switch R1/R2 for DME
- target height
- (PA) V/S
- (PA) REV
- (PA) APR
- (PA) NAV
- switch Prop Sync
- switch Fuel Vent (Icing)
- switch Stall Warn Heat (Icing)
- switch Prop (Icing)
- switch Wshld (Icing)
- switch Surface auto/man (Icing)

During flying "A" is very stable but for "B" virtual cockpit trembles slightly. Sometimes the plane "B" tilts to the left approximately 5/10° maximum.It recovers straight ahead when it gets back commands.

Best regards

Yves
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Yves,

thanks for the list. I'll try to get all of those to transfer correctly.

It's possible that a mismatch in the fuel payload caused the issues during flight. If you could try it again once I've made those changes, thanks.

Peter
fcyspm30

Post by fcyspm30 »

Of course! We are interested to make the tests which you want.

Yves
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Yves,

Fuel and payload are synced in version 1.2.8 (TEST). It will be interesting to see if that clears up the tilts and trembles that you mentioned.

Peter