Version 3.2.12 released

Updates and announcements.
Peter
Site Admin

Version 3.2.12 released

Post by Peter »

New JoinFS update, version 3.2.12, has been released. Details at https://joinfs.net/install.html

Peter
Derek317

Re: Version 3.2.12 released

Post by Derek317 »

Hello Peter,
Have attempted to install this latest version on my server/hub PC (separate from my day to day/game PC) but without success. JoinFS-SERVER window shows 'New version available' but when clicking on that it attempts to repair the current version, which it does, but it is still version 3.2.11 for JoinFS - Hub, windows.

3.2.12 successfully downloads and installs on my gaming/everyday PC but my own server hub (UK317 Flight Sim Hub) shows orange and it is not possible to join it. But on the server/hub PC that shows up as available.

This has only just started to happen since attempting to install JoinFS-Hub on my server PC.

Head scratching here...
Derek H.
Derek317

Post by Derek317 »

Hello again Peter,
Further to this, despite it working before, I checked the firewall on the everyday PC and noted that JoinFS was only allowed for private networks. But if I enable the public setting JoinFS shows 2 public hubs for UK317 Flight Sim Hub, one online, the other in orange. The online one I am able to join. Interestingly, other users are able to see and join without issues. So, I think this is a local network problem for me.

Still cannot install version 3.2.12 on the hub/server though.
Derek H. (Derek317)
PValdez

Post by PValdez »

Hello Peter, I installed the new version but I don't see on the map my plane. I am with X Plane 11.55.
Thank you for any hellp
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

PValdez wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:40 pm Hello Peter, I installed the new version but I don't see on the map my plane. I am with X Plane 11.55.
Thank you for any hellp
Which map are you referring to? If you mean the website map then you need to be connected to one of the public hubs to show on that map.

Peter
PValdez

Post by PValdez »

Thank you Peter, I mean the map than is open when you click in Map when you are connected to the Net. I had no problem before, the icon of my plane was seen on the map and it trace the route I was flying, but now it does not show up in the map. Than map used to open on my Google Browser.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Are you connected to a hub session?

Peter
PValdez

Post by PValdez »

Yes Peter, I am connected to a Hub.
PValdez

Post by PValdez »

Dear Peter, it maight be useful to others, the problem I was haveing that my plane did not show on the map, is solved. I change my browser from Google Chrome to Firefox, and every thin is solved. My plane again is visible on the map.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

PValdez wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:40 pm Dear Peter, it maight be useful to others, the problem I was haveing that my plane did not show on the map, is solved. I change my browser from Google Chrome to Firefox, and every thin is solved. My plane again is visible on the map.
Thanks for the update. Glad it's now working.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think JoinFS-SERVER 3.2.12 was not correctly configured with the version number. v3.2.13 appears to work as normal.

Peter