Version 3.0.3 released

Updates and announcements.
Peter
Site Admin

Version 3.0.3 released

Post by Peter »

New JoinFS update, version 3.0.3, has been released. Details at https://joinfs.net/install.html

Peter
jillironeagle1

Re: Version 3.0.3 released

Post by jillironeagle1 »

Have downloaded version 3.0.3, but nothing happens when I try to open up the program. I double-click on the "JoinFS" application on my taskbar, and.......................nothing now. I updated to the very latest version, and it doesn't work. Please advise.

(I had used JoinFS right up until a week ago (before I'd updated it) and it worked before the 3.0.3 update, but it doesn't work now.)

Any reason as to why the program now fails to launch???

(I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it....that didn't change a thing...still fails to launch the program.)
Last edited by jillironeagle1 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Any messages in the Windows Event Viewer after you try to launch it?

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Just a thought, perhaps somehow the JoinFS main window is off the edge of your screen. Do a search online for how to use the keyboard to move a window back into the screen area. I think it is Alt+Spacebar, then 'M', then press one of the cursor keys and finally move the mouse. The window should appear under the mouse.

Peter
jillironeagle1

Post by jillironeagle1 »

no, the JoinFS main window is never off the edge of my screen.....

I mean 3.0.3 doesn't open up and launch.............i click on it..........and nothing. (Like I never tried to launch it.)

I am on Windows 8.1, NOT "Windows 10".........

I used to be able to fly online with everyone on JoinFS, but I cannot do it anymore.....something in an update is no longer compatible with my computer :(

the last time it worked, I was on version 3.0.1 (i think)........ but something changed with the updates, and now it won't run, open, or do anything.

I noticed in 3.0.2, you did this "Rebuilt Windows/Linux X-Plane plugin." Any chance that simply cut me out of being able to use JoinFS on Windows 8.1???
Last edited by jillironeagle1 on Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The plugin gets rebuilt quite frequently so I doubt that it the problem. Not a lot else has changed between 3.0.1 really. It has started accessing files in [USER]\Documents\JoinFS\, perhaps it can't access that folder, but it should at least give you some indication that something is wrong.

Peter
jillironeagle1 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:16 pm no, the JoinFS main window is never off the edge of my screen.....

I mean 3.0.3 doesn't open up and launch.............i click on it..........and nothing. (Like I never tried to launch it.)

I am on Windows 8.1, NOT "Windows 10".........

I used to be able to fly online with everyone on JoinFS, but I cannot do it anymore.....something in an update is no longer compatible with my computer :(

the last time it worked, I was on version 3.0.1 (i think)........ but something changed with the updates, and now it won't run, open, or do anything.

I noticed in 3.0.2, you did this "Rebuilt Windows/Linux X-Plane plugin." Any chance that simply cut me out of being able to use JoinFS on Windows 8.1???
jillironeagle1

Post by jillironeagle1 »

I have downloaded the latest version..... 3.0.8 and it still no longer functions........
I'm more than happy to let you on my laptop computer via www.teamviewer.com to check and see what the issue may be.......

This is my ONE MAIN hobby..... and now I cannot do it until I can get JoinFS fixed on my computer :(
I don't know what else to do.....please help me.....I'm not a "tech-wizard".

I've been flight simming since I was 11 years old. Please help me.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Have you tried running it as Administrator? Right click on the icon and select "Run As Administrator".

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Have you installed the JoinFS TEST version. If not, then it might be worth trying it because it installs as a different Windows application and would be interesting to see if that one works. https://joinfs.net/development.html

Peter
jillironeagle1

Post by jillironeagle1 »

Yes, I tried "running it as Administrator"........ same result..... JoinFS fails to launch....

Getting ready to try the "Test Version" now.....

Tried the "Test Version"....... it "continues to fail to launch the program"....... :(

(Please note that my laptop is on Windows 8.1, not Windows 10.)
Last edited by jillironeagle1 on Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I wonder if Windows has disabled the .NET Framework option. Could you check the manual, https://joinfs.net/manual.html, The second item on the System Requirements at the top shows you how to enable the old .Net Framework in Windows. Check to see if that it still enabled.

Peter