pausing sim if shared cockpit connection lost

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
blindflightsimmer

pausing sim if shared cockpit connection lost

Post by blindflightsimmer »

Hi, been using join fs for a few days and enjoying it so far. As a blind pilot, we use specially adapted autopilot software to fly and this does work with the shared cockpit function which is great. Had a few issues however. When using it with a friend, who at the time had control of my plane, his internet went out for a few minutes and I was sent back to my departure airport and seemed to crash into it. The same thing happened a little later. Would it be possible to make things easier, that if the person in control of the plane disconnects from shared cockpit, the other users will have their sims paused until the other person gets back. If the disconnection was intentional, they can simply unpause and continue from their current position or reload into a new location ETC. If it was an accidental disconnection, then the other can log back in and take control from where it was left. Thanks.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: pausing sim if shared cockpit connection lost

Post by Peter »

Hi,

that's a great idea. There are one or two bugs as well related to leaving the cockpit. I'll take a look at adding this.

Thanks,
Peter