JFS & MSFS2020

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Ace-9

JFS & MSFS2020

Post by Ace-9 »

Hi, are there any plans to include the new MSFS in 2020 to JFS after its release?

Thanks
Roger
ATC Roo

Re: JFS & MSFS2020

Post by ATC Roo »

I read somewhere that the new version will support current Addons.

So assumed they would be keeping SimConnect but maybe updating it to support the new sim features?

If that is the case then JoinFS and any other Addons you use should still work.

Maybe somebody has managed to get into the Alpha testing and can let us know?
RandomThoughts

Post by RandomThoughts »

ATC Roo wrote:Maybe somebody has managed to get into the Alpha testing and can let us know?
A friend of mine is on the Alpha and we tested JoinFS witth me on FSX. The only problem we saw was that I could see his aircraft but he couldn't see mine

Edit: his sim is listed as KittyHawk on the Users page
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

RandomThoughts wrote:
ATC Roo wrote:Maybe somebody has managed to get into the Alpha testing and can let us know?
A friend of mine is on the Alpha and we tested JoinFS witth me on FSX. The only problem we saw was that I could see his aircraft but he couldn't see mine

Edit: his sim is listed as KittyHawk on the Users page
That's sounds good then.
I cant comment of a fix for him not seeing you as I dont know anything about 2020 yet.
I would have thought it would be straight forward though
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Probably "Model Matching" error. Try substitution next time.
RandomThoughts

Post by RandomThoughts »

edakridge wrote:Probably "Model Matching" error. Try substitution next time.
I've set up substitution, so I should see something
picnic

Post by picnic »

With the announcement that FS2020 is released in August the 18th having joinFS working would be super awesome great ;)

Was it a substitution problem or is there a problem just now?
HondaJet

Post by HondaJet »

I also have a friend that is a FS2020 tester. He can connect to JoinFS and I can see him in P3Dv4 but he can't see my aircraft in 2020.
What is it going to take for him to be able to see other sim a/c?
picnic

Post by picnic »

I'm guessing Peter to get his hands on FS2020 and the SDK and find some spare time to have a look. Fingers crossed ;)
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

If a user using the new 2020 sim, was to install the XPack version of SimConnect, does that make any difference?
picnic

Post by picnic »

I wish I was on the Alpha and could try it but Microsoft don't seem to like me :roll:
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

From the FSUIPC folks I see there is a new simconnect.dll that will be available on release. That may affect how JFS functions.

Vic
Thorsten42

Post by Thorsten42 »

Joinfs is able to connect via the already existing simconnect even in Beta with MFS. Same goes for Little Nav Map for example where you can even see your plane. BUT joinfs is not able to scan the model folder of MFS so you will have no models to default or substitute to.

So I assume at least for this part joinfs needs to be adopted.

Cheers
Thorsten
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hello,

from what has been mentioned on this thread then it looks promising. I expect I'll be installing 2020 at some point so will be able to investigate further. Hopefully getting the scanning working will be enough to see the aircraft correctly at least. The fact that it connects to the sim is a big step. Personally, I'm waiting for VR support but I think I'll probably be buying it before that's released.

Peter
ervski

Post by ervski »

Thanks Peter, greatly appreciated. I can't figure out where the aircraft folder is located. My group is hoping we will be able to use JFS & 2020. Good luck!!!!
erv
picnic

Post by picnic »

I found the aircraft folders in the beta and by copying some files around managed to get joinFS to find an aircraft so I could get it to complete the model matching process but still none of my fellow players got displayed in game.

One problem with joinFS and P3D now is there can be multiple simobjects folders, e.g. the core game one and a 3rd party one. joinFS doesn't cater for this. In FS2020 each plane had its own folder tree with the simobject folder buried deep within.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

picnic wrote:One problem with joinFS and P3D now is there can be multiple simobjects folders, e.g. the core game one and a 3rd party one. joinFS doesn't cater for this.
Can you not use the Additional Folders list in JoinFS to add 3rd party objects? At least as a short term measure. There's probably a way to automate it if I can get a list of add-ons from FS2020.

Peter
picnic

Post by picnic »

Peter wrote:Can you not use the Additional Folders list in JoinFS to add 3rd party objects?
Peter
Oh, I've missed that feature. Will check it out, thanks Peter.
Travis

Post by Travis »

So I have been testing this for a while, but still getting the same results with the release. I can eventually get it to scan and identify 208 models by using the additional folders text, but I am not sure why the simulator does not populate the aircraft in when I substitute someone. You can see Robert Dunn 2 is still red there in the aircraft list, and the usual restarting joinfs does not fix it. Hope we can get this compatible soon so we can fly with others. It seems like the new sim only allows you to see 6 others in close proximity and has other limitations. I am happy to help with whatever I can Peter. Thanks.
Here is a picture of some file structure, etc.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... JoinFS.jpg
Travis

Post by Travis »

Peter wrote:Hello,

from what has been mentioned on this thread then it looks promising. I expect I'll be installing 2020 at some point so will be able to investigate further. Hopefully getting the scanning working will be enough to see the aircraft correctly at least. The fact that it connects to the sim is a big step. Personally, I'm waiting for VR support but I think I'll probably be buying it before that's released.

Peter
Might I suggest signing up for Xbox game pass for PC? 1 USD for the first month (just don't forget to unsubscribe).
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

This would allow testing, etc. And would give you an idea before you make your choice to buy.