SIMCOM X Voice application

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
ATC Roo

Re: SIMCOM X Voice application

Post by ATC Roo »

Newer version out today.

I've still some work to do, but this version should be a lot quicker when using SCX Mode.

I'm working on FS2020 compliance, so any logs anybody using FS2020 can send me are appreciated.

Roo
dale152

Post by dale152 »

Hi Roo,

SIMCOM X is definitely more stable now.

Dale
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Thanks dale.

I'm still fixing a few small issues, but bere with me and it should be ready for the ATCO client I hope to release soon.

Family dependant of course. :roll:
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

V2.2.1.1 now being tested.

Seems to have fixed most issues.
Seems to switch a lot quicker due to my work on the background stuff and works with the new Microsoft Flight simulator.

If you use the new simulator, you will notice that the frequency shown in SCX is off by a few digits.
This is intentional so you can talk to friends using older Sims.
Just tune to the closest frequency you can.

Ie old Sims would tune 123.450
The new SIM would be 123.455

If you manually input 123.456
The frequency will correct itself to 123.450 to be compatible with everybody else.

Let me know.
kc10b747fe

Post by kc10b747fe »

Hey Roo,

I've been having a problem with version 2214 and 2215. With auto com selected, the frequencies switch only once when initially setting up the radios.
for example when I power on, with com1 selected as active, auto com switch selected, the initial freq of 123.45 is indicated active and the stby freq of 118.75 shows in grey. When I switch between the two frequencies everything works. however when I switch back between the two, nothing happens. Same thing happens with com2. My flying partner has been having the same issue also, but with better success with ver 2214. We are both still running FSX on WIN 10 using join group server. We flew a couple of weeks ago with no problems. I've tried a few fresh installs but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony J
kc10b747fe

Post by kc10b747fe »

Roo,

FYI, seems to work properly in SCX mode.

Tony J
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Thanks Tony.

Feedback is always appreciated, good or bad.

I should have some time tomorrow to find the culprit.

From your description I think I know where to look for this one.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

kc10b747fe wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 pm Hey Roo,

I've been having a problem with version 2214 and 2215. With auto com selected, the frequencies switch only once when initially setting up the radios.
for example when I power on, with com1 selected as active, auto com switch selected, the initial freq of 123.45 is indicated active and the stby freq of 118.75 shows in grey. When I switch between the two frequencies everything works. however when I switch back between the two, nothing happens. Same thing happens with com2. My flying partner has been having the same issue also, but with better success with ver 2214. We are both still running FSX on WIN 10 using join group server. We flew a couple of weeks ago with no problems. I've tried a few fresh installs but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony J
Sorry I should have posted earlier.

This issue should have been corrected in the latest version.

Roo
kc10b747fe

Post by kc10b747fe »

Hey Roo,

I was able to test out the latest version this past Saturday and had no issues. Thanks for the update.

Tony J
DenisFerrari

Post by DenisFerrari »

Hi,

yesterday I flew FS2020 together with a friend, both of us using for the first this SIMCOMX : it just work beautifully and we loved it!!

We just noticed couple of things, 1st one is - as already read on ther main page blog - that no COM1 or COM2 freq are displayed, even if it works well the same. XPDR freq is insted correclty indicated.

2nd thing is that it happened to me 2 times (in couple of hours of flying) that after hearing e "Beep" tone the PTT button started to work reversed.

In my case PTT button set is a spring loaded A-10 Warthog throttle button, same I use for DCS PTT etc. It just started working in the opposite way, this meaning that when not pressed, SIMCOMX indicated TX always on on the COM1 (and my voice was transmitted), while pushing the same PTT button made the "TX" indication going off and of course my voice was not naymore trasmitted.

To solve this it was just enough pressing again the SET button and press that same desired PTT button again.

As told above, it did it 2 times with no evident reasons. It seems (but don't know if linked to this) that just before the "swap" of the PTT function button, I heard a "Beep" tone. And time by time during the flight we both used to hear this "beep".

We initially imagined it could be when our TX were overlapping, more/less like in the real world, but it's not this.

What does this "Beep" tone means?

Apart of this it's really a great smart tool and it's working very well with FS2020!

Thank you so much and keep up developing!

Denis
Last edited by DenisFerrari on Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Thanks Denis.

I always appreciated being notified when 5hings don't work as I've intended.

Firstly the beep is when you've been talking with the PTT down for longer than (I think) 30 seconds.
There should be a message displayed in Simcom X when it
happens, but the PTT shouldn't be reversing.
Something I'll have to look at.

I'm not sure why the frequencies are not displayed, I thought I'd fixed that?

Are you able to send me a copy of your log and I'll see if I can iron them all out shortly.
DenisFerrari

Post by DenisFerrari »

Thank you for all your job and your supporto too!

I've attached my log.txt (I hope it's the correct file).

Ah ok, the "Beep" if we speak more than 30s, right. Well, I did not pay attention at the message since flying in VR :)

I confirm PTT button reverses, but it's quite random and I'm not able to link this to any operation or situation, just random.

I'm sure you'll sort it out and - again - thank you!

Kind regards
Denis
Attachments
log.zip
(680 Bytes) Downloaded 224 times
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

I've not had the time to look at the code yet, but a quick look at your log is showing that you're not connected to a SIM.

Could give it another whirl by starting your SIM first and then starting Simcom X.
Make sure that the FSX tickbox is ticked in the Simcom X config.

Simcom X tries to connect to a SIM for 10 seconds or so.
If it can't, it deselects that tick box.

That is probably the cause of no freqs showing.

Let me know.
Last edited by ATC Roo on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DenisFerrari

Post by DenisFerrari »

Hi,
yes, if log is generated every time (sorry, I don't know how it works the log file gen.), maybe I've started SimcomX alone just to check things with FS2020 not started and for this reason you see that in the file.

No problems, as soon as I'll fly again on FS2020, I'll follow your procedurevthat is FS2020 start first, then SimcomX start.

After this, will the log file be ready to be sent to you, or should I wait PTT reverse happening?

P.S. Yes, I in fact noticed sometimes I lost the FSX tick on the Config page and I of course ticked it again to use it on FS2020. After your explanation, it's clear why I found that unticked sometimes ;)

Thank you a lot again!

Denis
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

The log file overwrites itself everytime Simcom X starts.

I hope that helps.

I'll try and get sometime to look at the code shortly though.
DenisFerrari

Post by DenisFerrari »

Hi,
here's the log file, I started FS2020 and - after sim loading was complete - I then started SimcomX.

I hope this log file could be of some help.

Best regards
Denis
Attachments
log.zip
(514 Bytes) Downloaded 252 times
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Thanks Denis.

All looks correct in that Log file.
Nothing out of the ordinary.

Roo
DenisFerrari

Post by DenisFerrari »

Good to hear!

So, I anyway confirm that COM1 and COM2 never display the set freq's, XPDR display correct instead.

And "sometimes randomly" the reversal of the PTT mapped button, in my case ins on TM A-10 Hotas Throttle button, a device always works fine of course.

Thank you!
Denis
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Ok, leave it with me Denis,

I'll have to try a few things, as the log isn't showing anything abnormal.
DenisFerrari

Post by DenisFerrari »

Thank you!

If I need to test anything or any mod, just tell me or send me, I'll be more than happy to test it and give you feedback!

Thank you!