SIMCOM X Voice application

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
ATC Roo

Re: SIMCOM X Voice application

Post by ATC Roo »

Grumpy wrote:
Thank you Roo.
I shall keep a watch out for that release.
Bob.
Its the latest version that is available now Grumpy.

Download from Here!
oldpop

Post by oldpop »

Roo, what is the latest version? Please number them so we can tell if we all have the latest.
five players in P3DV4 last night, all got it working !!! ;)
oldpop

Post by oldpop »

open sim(P3Dv4), open SimcomX, turn on, check config, set ppt. use PPT "tx" come on and remains on. Must shut sown SimComX, and re select ppt to get it to work.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

What happens if you wait for 11 seconds?

The joystick PTT should be resolved in the latest version.
Keyboard PTT should have been working anyway.

The Version number should be on the config page.
0.0.10.0 is the latest Version.

Let me know.. :?
oldpop

Post by oldpop »

don't see ver #???
TX stays on long after /0 sec on this install. Will redownload and install again
Attachments
sc.jpg
sc.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 14197 times
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Yup,

That's an older version.
The latest version will have the version number in the config and you will be able to mute people by double clicking on the client window.
If it helps I'm not planning on releasing a newer version for a while to see how this one stands up.

If it's good then it will become the first stable version.

That IPV6 address is annoying isn't it.
I'll see what I can do about that too.
oldpop

Post by oldpop »

downloaded the "msi" above,(over the last one---no uninstall). got error (scx1 att). Still had icon on DT,(scx2). I assume that is still the older ver.
Attachments
sacx2.jpg
sacx2.jpg (103.56 KiB) Viewed 14184 times
scx1.jpg
scx1.jpg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 14184 times
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Looks like you've still got the version that had the bug pop.

A couple of posts back I described how to uninstall it.

Add a file called hidden.vbs
Remove it from add and remove programs.
Install the latest version.

Let me know
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

as an FYI - I had the same install and uninstall error. The only solution I found was to create the blank hidden.vbs file and then I was able to uninstall and then install the latest version. Might be worth just putting the file back into the installer to eliminate that issue.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

sgraypgh wrote:as an FYI - I had the same install and uninstall error. The only solution I found was to create the blank hidden.vbs file and then I was able to uninstall and then install the latest version. Might be worth just putting the file back into the installer to eliminate that issue.
Ah wouldn't work I'm afraid.
I told the uninstaller in the version before the problem child to run the hidden.vbs script.
In the problem version I only removed the hidden.vbs script and either having a FICK moment or being slightly tired, I didnt remove the command to run that script on uninstall.

So when it tries to uninstall it looks for hidden.vbs, doesn't find it so can't continue.

The version needs to uninstall before it can install the new version.

I could write a program to add the hidden.vbs file, but that would be overkill when it can just be created with a right click.
The command to run that file is not in any newer version so won't happen again, it's just that one version.
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

ATC Roo wrote:
sgraypgh wrote:as an FYI - I had the same install and uninstall error. The only solution I found was to create the blank hidden.vbs file and then I was able to uninstall and then install the latest version. Might be worth just putting the file back into the installer to eliminate that issue.
Ah wouldn't work I'm afraid.
I told the uninstaller in the version before the problem child to run the hidden.vbs script.
In the problem version I only removed the hidden.vbs script and either having a FICK moment or being slightly tired, I didnt remove the command to run that script on uninstall.

So when it tries to uninstall it looks for hidden.vbs, doesn't find it so can't continue.

The version needs to uninstall before it can install the new version.

I could write a program to add the hidden.vbs file, but that would be overkill when it can just be created with a right click.
The command to run that file is not in any newer version so won't happen again, it's just that one version.
If I recall correctly, I couldn't get the new one to install without the empty hidden.vbs file. So I ended up needing it to uninstall and install. No worries for me at this point, as I got it working.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Does the PTT seem to be working ok in 0.0.10.0?
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

I am interested in this app and getting it set up on the US Central Server. It would be nice to get some people to do dedicated atc. Does it work with the most current version of Teamspeak? Thanks.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Hi Jack.
It actually doesn't speak to Teamspeak at all.
It's a standalone App.

I came about as I could see ATC on the JoinFS Map.
I thought, great I'll fly there and give them a call on the way.
But I had no idea what Hub they were using, what group they were apart of, or what voice server they were on.

When I took the time to find out, I'd then find that the server or channel they were using was locked to members only, totally understandable with the amount of idiots that like to spoil things.

SIMCOM X is standalone and runs alongside your groups existing voice comms.
It is built with the Teamspeak SDK, but this is different to the actual Teamspeak and the two can not talk to each other.

If you're looking for something to just switch channels in the normal Teamspeak, I have links to the SIMCOM version I wrote (with lots of help from Doug Dawson of FSDEVELOPER) and the SIMCOM version Andy Parish put together that uses FSUIPC, on the MSFlights.net forums under the ATC section.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

This project isn't abandoned for those interested.

I just haven't had much time with the projects I have on.

The next release will have new features and should work quicker.
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Anxiously awaiting the next update!
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Roo, I have been experimenting with your simcom.x and have been unable to achieve a connection with another person. We both have port 9988 UDP forwarded and he has an exception in his Windows firewall rules. I have Windows firewall off and an exception in Avast. What we are attempting is me in "ATC" mode SCX connection and him as client. I am just not sure what we are doing wrong. Any chance of getting together on the MSFlights discord and trying to sort this out?
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

edakridge wrote:Roo, I have been experimenting with your simcom.x and have been unable to achieve a connection with another person. We both have port 9988 UDP forwarded and he has an exception in his Windows firewall rules. I have Windows firewall off and an exception in Avast. What we are attempting is me in "ATC" mode SCX connection and him as client. I am just not sure what we are doing wrong. Any chance of getting together on the MSFlights discord and trying to sort this out?
Sorry I've not been around for a month or 2.
I am still working with it although have to admit I've neglected it a bit lately as I've got lots on.

I'll try and get on Discord soon or at least put together a bit of a how to for the current version.

All I can say at the moment is that it does work in its current state.

I'd try with one of you as a host and the other connecting with the hosts IP first off.
Once that's successful, both try SCX mode.
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Roger, will do
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Good news I've had time recently to have a look over my code and speed things up a bit.

I've also added reduced audio quality the further you get from another user.

All untested at the moment, but I have uploaded the latest version (0.0.16.0) if anybody wants to test it.

Below is a picture of my settings for those having issues, as I haven't had the time to write a how to.

Download is still hereThis is still very much BETA and meant for testing!