Aircraft Label - Callsign/User

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
jtwillia

Aircraft Label - Callsign/User

Post by jtwillia »

Tried JoinFS for the first time last Sunday and very excited about this great program. I saw the post on the AVSIM forum where Ron requested ability to have user or callsign in the labels. This would be a very useful feature and I encourage you to consider it. I took a look at the AI labels for P3D and as we mostly fly GA and warbirds in multiplayer we do not have much use for the "Airline" label. Would it be possible to setup something like the aircraft model matching for the AI labels so we could map our teamspeak user (callsign) to a specific AI label.

Regards,

Jeff Williams
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Aircraft Label - Callsign/User

Post by Peter »

Hi Jeff,

Yes, this is a great idea. I just did a quick check and you're right, I should be able to make use of the the Airline label. If I add a new setting for your nickname to the settings window then I think that should do the trick.

Thanks,
Peter
Travis

Post by Travis »

I agree, This would be a great addition as we currently need to edit each aircraft's tail number before flying. Again thanks for your hard work.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Markeebo,

Labels have been working for quite some time now. Just enable the labels in the simulator in the normal way. If you want to see the other pilot's nicknames you can enable this in the JoinFS settings.

Which simulator are you using?

Best regards,
Peter