AI Carriers

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
JackRiordan

AI Carriers

Post by JackRiordan »

I just wanted to give everyone's feedback about my experience with AI Carriers and joinFS.

I had to share the AI Carriers CVN and VEH files by going into the view, objects menu, locating them, and clicking the share button. Once thats done, everyone else that has AI Carriers installed can see where the carrier group is placed.

As far as I know, the only animation that another player cannot see is the ramp raised behind the aircraft when getting ready to catapult.

My group did carriers ops last night, and all went as planned. I'm loving joinFS more and more!

Thanks Peter!
sgraypgh

Re: AI Carriers

Post by sgraypgh »

The blast fence animation will only be seen by the pilot that triggers it. This is true regardkess of MP connection type.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Sounds great, Jack. Looking forward to joining in, once I've got this T-45 broken-in.

Peter
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

sgraypgh wrote:The blast fence animation will only be seen by the pilot that triggers it. This is true regardkess of MP connection type.
Oh, I thought it was part of the model and would be viewed as such :roll:
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Peter wrote:Sounds great, Jack. Looking forward to joining in, once I've got this T-45 broken-in.

Peter
I live streamed my first flight after not doing any carrier landings in 3-4 months. A few members of our group got involved. This video will show how having AI Carriers and joinFS makes for a great multiplayer experience :D !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKQiq-v68A
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Peter, thank you for joining a small AI Carriers session today. I'm glad you were able to get it working on your end. It was good fun, and hope you join again next time.

As always, anyone is welcome to come join us for Carrier Ops. My goal is to be able to fill an entire empty carrier with real players and perform takeoffs, traffic patterns, and landings together.

You'll need the Nimitz Carrier and AI Carriers 2 file from Rikoooo.com.

Peter, unfortunately, had a Java error when he tried it, but he found a workaround with another version that uses a different client besides Java. If you could post your solution below, that would be appreciated.

Thank you!
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

Suggest moving to the AICarrier .net version.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That was a great introduction to AI carriers, thanks Jack. Looking forward to some more practice sessions at US Central.

Here's a link to the post that contains information about the download for the .NET version of AICarriers, Image. Seemed to work fine for me, so I'll stick with that.

Peter
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Hi Jack, can you explain how you do this ?

"I had to share the AI Carriers CVN and VEH files by going into the view, objects menu, locating them, and clicking the share button. Once thats done, everyone else that has AI Carriers installed can see where the carrier group is placed.'

I assume view>objects. is in JoinFS , I can see the carriers but no share click available ...(unless for share you mean broadcast) JoinFS V1.1.13

Jorge

ps can you give some details of your flying (server , area , zulu time)..
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

aeronauta wrote:Hi Jack, can you explain how you do this ?

"I had to share the AI Carriers CVN and VEH files by going into the view, objects menu, locating them, and clicking the share button. Once thats done, everyone else that has AI Carriers installed can see where the carrier group is placed.'

I assume view>objects. is in JoinFS , I can see the carriers but no share click available ...(unless for share you mean broadcast) JoinFS V1.1.13

Jorge

ps can you give some details of your flying (server , area , zulu time)..

Jorge,

Normally, I place the carrier using AI Carriers, then, in joinFS, I go to View Objects, locate the Carrier, and broadcast it. Everyone else that has AI Carriers installed will see the carrier and it will be fully functional!

The US Central Server runs 24/7, and the Teamspeak address is fsxfuscentral.dynu.com. Group members are always in and out of the TS server, but most of the time you can find us online between the hours of 3pm-10pm CST.
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thank you Jack...

Jorge
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

aeronauta wrote:Thank you Jack...

Jorge
You're welcome, Jorge. I'm ready for carrier ops anytime :D