No Variants for different Liveries

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
DutchDC3

No Variants for different Liveries

Post by DutchDC3 »

Hello,

I just went from version 3.1.4 to the latest 3.2.15.

After running the Scan (X-Plane 11 is running) It only 38.

When I go to model matching, it shows it created JFS Defaults for the different aircraft (738, 739 C172), but there are no variants (liveries to select).

So, if someone is flying a RyanAir 737-800, I can select JFS B737-800 Default, but that only shows a white fuselage, there is no option to select a livery that is installed.

I reverted back to version 3.1.4. ran the scan, and all is fine, I can select any installed livery for the aircraft selected.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I also have Traffic Global installed, but have that unchecked.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: No Variants for different Liveries

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Since v3.1.4, the X-Plane plugin now uses only CSL objects for the aircraft injection. For the default X-Plane aircraft I added a CSL generator which helps to get some of the default aircraft in X-Plane. Unfortunately X-Plane doesn't fully support liveries across CSL objects which means that if the generator was to create separate liveries for all aircraft it would create excessively large amounts of data to store them all. Many many gigabytes. So unfortunately it is limited to the default livery for each aircraft.

However, now that JoinFS is using CSL objects it does mean that you can search online for lots of freely available CSL objects and hopefully find the ones that most closely match your requirements. Just download and place them in x-plane/Resources/plugins/JoinFS/Resources/CSL/

Hope that helps,
Peter
DutchDC3

Post by DutchDC3 »

That's not very user friendly.

So, I'll have to find a CSL file for every single livery I use, ore is used by people I fly with.

Guess I might as well stick with 3.1.4, as that has been working just fine for me.

Thanks for the reply though.

Edit: a thought crossed my mind. Is there a was to set a specific livery as the default? Right now they are all plain white.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Unfortunately it's impossible to please everyone at the same time. Many people requested the CSL update and seem happy with it. The old method had quite a big disadvantage that the simulator paused for several seconds whenever a new aircraft was injected. That's not acceptable especially when joining busy serves.

Re: default livery. Are you talking about v3.1.4? You could just substitute any aircraft that you don't want. It will remember that in future sessions.

Peter