Hub List

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
justme

Hub List

Post by justme »

When I select Public Hubs I just get a blank screen. If I run it on my other computer I see the hub list can someone help me please
See attached img
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-29 225416.gif
Screenshot 2022-01-29 225416.gif (145.23 KiB) Viewed 13516 times
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Hub List

Post by Peter »

If you are running JoinFS on two difference machines at the same location you need to set up port forwarding on your router. In the JoinFS settings on one of the machines set the local port to 6113. Set both of your PCs to use static IP addresses. Then configure your router port forwarding so that port 6112 goes to one machine and 6113 goes to the other. You should see hubs on both machine then.

Peter
justme

Post by justme »

ok so machine A the one that is not able to see the hub is set to port 6113 and the port is forwarded in the router. Machine B ( Laptop) is set to port 6112 and port is forward there as well in router, and it still continues to see the hub list. I did this and waited about 5 mins and still there is no hub list on machine A. I am sure I am missing something just not sure what

oh what do the ports need to be forward TPC and UDP

FYI: I am not intending to run JoinFS on 2 computers i want it to work on my main PC Machine A but I can not get it working there. The second machine was only a test to see if there was something wrong with the application or configuration on my main pc
justme

Post by justme »

Update.

After waiting for about 1 hour I tested again and now I see the hub list. I assigned port 6113 to both TCP and UDP.

Now my laptop works and my desktop works. I just need to figure out how to stop the laptop working and get the main pc working on the default port so i do not run across this again in the future
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The port should be UDP only, not TCP.

Peter
justme

Post by justme »

ok I changed it to UDP,

But still would like to get it figured out how to only have 1 default working JoinFS on my Main PC. Then I would not need to mess around with this correct?

FYI thank you for your help so far:)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It depends on your router really. Usually you should be able to have one machine using the default 6112 running behind a router without the need to configure a port forward. But all routers are different and you may need to set a port forward to get it working.

Peter
Cyberpapy13

Post by Cyberpapy13 »

Bonsoir
J'ai eu également ce problème, car le port 6112 était utilisé par une autre application
2 solutions : rediriger sur un autre port dans le routeur et l'indiquer dans le Settings de Joinfs ou
arrêter l'application qui utilise le port 6112
Voilà mais peut-être avez vous déjà trouvé la solution