MSFS 2020 Add-on aircraft list

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

MSFS 2020 Add-on aircraft list

Post by Peter »

Hi all,

I am collating a list of aircraft models that do not appear during a normal JoinFS model scan with MSFS 2020 due to encrypted aircraft files.

If you come across an add-on aircraft that does not appear in the model list after a scan, then reply to this post with the title name of each livery as it appears next to your entry in JoinFS aircraft window. I will then manually add the aircraft to the JoinFS scan options.

Peter

The list so far:

Code: Select all

Carenado YMF-5
Carenado PA44 Seminole
Carenado M20R Ovation
Carenado CT182T Skylane
Carenado PA34T Seneca V
Carenado PA28R Arrow III
Carenado C170
Carenado C170B Tundra
MilViz T-45C Goshawk
Aerosoft A333
Aerosoft A321
Aerosoft A320
Aerosoft A319
Aerosoft A318
Aermacchi MB-339
somiller

Re: MSFS 2020 Add-on aircraft list

Post by somiller »

On my system when I check the box for the Carenado Mooney Ovation it shows up in the models file as:

Carenado M20R Ovation D-ERWO|Carenado|Carenado PA44 Seminole|D-ERWO|0|SingleProp|0|

and when attempting to select it for substitution I see Carenado PA44 Seminole, and it should be M20R Ovation.
Last edited by somiller on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Well spotted. Thanks for letting us know. It appears that the 'Carenado CT182T Skylane' also has the same error.

Will be fixed in 2.2.3.

Thanks,
Peter
somiller

Post by somiller »

Peter,

Thank you. Our AVSIM Around the World Race group uses JoinFS for our weekly casual flights and it's become especially important now that MSFS multiplayer is problematic.

Thanks for your hard work and a great program.
MacKuen

Post by MacKuen »

Peter (and Steve),

Very quickly. This is exciting. Empowering JoinFS to handle non-default aircraft and liveries in Microsoft Flight Simulator (MFS or MSFS2020) would be a game changer.

You ask for the "title name as it appears in JoinFS aircraft list". Hmm.

We would very much like to help here. Not sure what you want. If the JoinFS scan process cannot read the aircraft, then how are we to get the title name as it appears in JoinFS aircraft list? Do you want the aircraft title as in the aircraft.cfg file?"

For example, the new Just Flight Arrow III does not scan into JoinFS. The aircraft package has 11 entries (for different paints).

The first one (for [FLTSIM.0] is:
title = "Just Flight PA28 Arrow III G-BGKU"

and then [FLTSIM.1]
title = "Just Flight PA28 Arrow III G-BNSG"

and so forth. (The manifest.json refers to the title as "PA28 Arrow III" and the creator as "Just Flight". Would this help?

I wonder if it might be possible for JoinFS to gather this sort of information automatically? A tool would be especially important when it comes to the many possible "other" addon liveries for the aircraft other than those the come with the original package.

It would be absolutely terrific if JoinFS could read the directories in which those addon liveries were stored. (JoinFS could read the manifest.json to distinguish aircraft folders from other folders and then the layout.json to find the aircraft.cfg.) The user could just provide that "top folder" to JoinFS. [Many users keep their aircraft and especially addon-liveries in another directory and use the powerful "Addon Linker" tool to put appropriate symbolic links in the community folder. The other directories would not be encrypted.]

Of course, more thought might yield a better solution.

I know that this is complicated. But I suspect that many MFS (2020) users would be eager to help. Getting JoinFS as a fully-capable substitute for the MFS Multiplayer system would be a wonderful pathway forward. [One might strongly suspect that the Microsoft-Asobo team are not especially interested in the sort of multiplayer experience for which you designed JoinFS.]

Our AVSIM group has long been an appreciative set of supporters. And we fully understand how your JoinFS can make multiplayer a rich and rewarding experience.

Please let us know what we can do to help.

Mike
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Mike,

In order to get the model title for an aircraft that does not scan (i.e. does not have an aircraft.cfg in the package folder), just load the aircraft in MSFS2020, then run JoinFS and select your aircraft in the aircraft list. At the bottom of the aircraft window it will show you the "Original Model". This is the title that is required for JoinFS to be able to insert it back into the simulator. If people can report this title on the forum then I can add the entry to the scan window in JoinFS.

Hope that helps,
Peter
somiller

Post by somiller »

Peter (and Mike)

See this post where I indicate how I was able to get JoinFS to scan the JustFlight Arrow, Aerosoft CRJ, and all my addon liveries.
I was originally going to suggest adding them to the Add-on aircraft list, but since I was able to get them to scan I didn't think it was necessary to add them.

viewtopic.php?p=6289#p6289

Kind Regards,
Steven
MacKuen

Post by MacKuen »

Hi Peter,

I looked through a bunch of "not-scanned" aircraft packages (Just Flight Arrow III, ATS Piaggio P-149D, IndiaFoxtEcho MB-339, Sim Skunkworks G-91) as well as some independently produced paints. In each case the JoinFS View|Aircraft title was the same as the aircraft.cfg title.

As a little experiment, I added to the "models - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.txt" textfile an entry of the form:

*|All|*|*|0|SingleProp|0|
where "*" is the discovered title from JoinFS and from the actual aircraft.cfg.

For example:

Just Flight PA28 Arrow III N4131C|All|Just Flight PA28 Arrow III N4131C|Just Flight PA28 Arrow III N4131C|0|SingleProp|0|
and
Piaggio P-149D D-EOAO|All|Piaggio P-149D D-EOAO|Piaggio P-149D D-EOAO|0|SingleProp|0|

And attempted to do a substitution for another online aircraft. It this enough? Or do you need more information than the title placed in the "models - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.txt" textfile?

Mike
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

MacKuen wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:05 pm Hi Peter,

I looked through a bunch of "not-scanned" aircraft packages (Just Flight Arrow III, ATS Piaggio P-149D, IndiaFoxtEcho MB-339, Sim Skunkworks G-91) as well as some independently produced paints. In each case the JoinFS View|Aircraft title was the same as the aircraft.cfg title.

As a little experiment, I added to the "models - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.txt" textfile an entry of the form:

*|All|*|*|0|SingleProp|0|
where "*" is the discovered title from JoinFS and from the actual aircraft.cfg.

For example:

Just Flight PA28 Arrow III N4131C|All|Just Flight PA28 Arrow III N4131C|Just Flight PA28 Arrow III N4131C|0|SingleProp|0|
and
Piaggio P-149D D-EOAO|All|Piaggio P-149D D-EOAO|Piaggio P-149D D-EOAO|0|SingleProp|0|

And attempted to do a substitution for another online aircraft. It this enough? Or do you need more information than the title placed in the "models - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.txt" textfile?

Mike
I think there are actually two separate issues here. One being that the scanning is not picking up all the aircraft in all the folders for some reason. I have yet to look into that. The other issue being that I need to add specific cases for add-on aircraft where the aircraft.cfg file is encrypted and so is not found in the aircraft folder. It is probably best to wait until I fix the first issue as it might fix those aircraft that you are having problems with. If they have an aircraft.cfg then JoinFS will pick them up once fixed.

Peter
somiller

Post by somiller »

Peter,

You mention addon aircraft where the aircraft.cfg is encrypted, but in the case of the Carenado Mooney, I can't even find an aircraft.cfg.
Where would I find it?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

somiller wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:00 am Peter,

You mention addon aircraft where the aircraft.cfg is encrypted, but in the case of the Carenado Mooney, I can't even find an aircraft.cfg.
Where would I find it?
That's exactly it, the details are encrypted and hidden, so there is no aircraft.cfg file. In which case they need to be added to the scan as a special case.

Peter
ColFork85

Post by ColFork85 »

Carenado has released their PA28R Arrow III and PA34T Seneca V, and they aren't being picked up. And there seems to be issues with it picking up the other Carenado planes as well.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

ColFork85 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 pm Carenado has released their PA28R Arrow III and PA34T Seneca V, and they aren't being picked up. And there seems to be issues with it picking up the other Carenado planes as well.
I fixed an issue with the Carenado in v2.2.3, currently out as the test version. Should be released fully on Monday. For the new ones, if you let me know the aircraft model titles as they appear in the aircraft list 'original model' then I'll add them in to the next version.

Peter
ColFork85

Post by ColFork85 »

Carenado PA34T Seneca V N95465
Carenado PA34T Seneca V N58688
Carenado PA34T Seneca V N48765
Carenado PA34T Seneca V PT-SRD
Carenado PA34T Seneca V N58630
Carenado PA34T Seneca V WHITE
Carenado PA28R Arrow III N842TU
Carenado PA28R Arrow III N19030
Carenado PA28R Arrow III D-ESBT
Carenado PA28R Arrow III G-GMCL
Carenado PA28R Arrow III N3029K
Otisair

Post by Otisair »

Good Morning,

I just purchased the T-45 for MSFS 2020 and can't seem to get it to show up either. Nothing close to replace it with either. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong; noobie to JoinFS so I'll keep trying as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Otisair wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:12 pm Good Morning,

I just purchased the T-45 for MSFS 2020 and can't seem to get it to show up either. Nothing close to replace it with either. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong; noobie to JoinFS so I'll keep trying as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Hi,

could you check in the T-45 folders to see if there is an aircraft.cfg file. If not, could you start a flight selecting the T-45 and post here what is shown as your "original model" in the aircraft list?

Peter
Otisair

Post by Otisair »

Good Morning Peter,

Thank You so much for the quick reply. I checked the root folder of the T-45 and all child folders. There does not exist any aircraft.cfg file. There are a few other cfg files like model and ai, but no aircraft.cfg.

I've attached two pictures of what I think you requested.

Thank You again,

Shane
T45.JPG
T45.JPG (42.77 KiB) Viewed 18536 times
t45.2.jpg
t45.2.jpg (168.47 KiB) Viewed 18536 times
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

No worries. I will add a new add-on option to the scan window for "T-45C Goshawk". Are there any other livery options, and what do they show as in JoinFS?

Peter
Otisair

Post by Otisair »

Good Morning. Here is a list of the livery options for the T-45C (as they show up in JoinFS (Original Model)

T-45C Goshawk TW-1
T-45C Goshawk TW-2
T-45C Goshawk TW-1 CoNA
T-45C Goshawk TW-2 CoNA
T-45C Goshawk VX-23
T-45C Goshawk VT-21 Redhawks
T-45C Goshawk VT-22 Golden Hawks
T-45C Goshawk VT-7 Eagles
T-45C Goshawk VT-9 Tigers
T-45C Goshawk VT-86 Sabrehawks
T-45C Goshawk VT-86 Special Color

I can send screen shots if you'd like of each in the JoinFS window.

Thanks again
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That's fine, thanks. Will get them into v3.0.2.

Peter