Request for alternative aircraft re-mapping strategy

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
bert.laverman

Request for alternative aircraft re-mapping strategy

Post by bert.laverman »

I am looking for a solution to the infamous "Carenado problem", where some people are experiencing engine shutdowns when someone using a Carenado aircraft joins a session. I would like to propose an alternative to the mapping of unknown aircraft from others, allowing instead the "masquerading" of an aircraft towards others. Dialog and INI-file could be the same as for mapping unknown aircraft, but send the "title" line of a default or "safe" aircraft instead.

Other people in the session would then see me as using e.g. the default "Beech King Air 350 Paint3", without them having to do any remapping locally. The advantage is that it prevents any interference caused by the loading of the Carenado model and associated DLLs, even the first time such an aircraft joins the session.

Please consider adding this (IMHO simple) feature, not as a replacement but an addition.

Cheers,
Bert Laverman
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Request for alternative aircraft re-mapping strategy

Post by Peter »

That's a great idea, Bert, and quite easy to implement as you say. Probably has some other uses as well.

Will try to get this into the next version.

Thanks,
Peter
phjoop

Post by phjoop »

That would be a great idee indeed. No more engine shutdowns , Joop
bert.laverman

Post by bert.laverman »

Peter,
I did a small test with 1.5.9T and it works beautifully. Will use it for our session tonight and report.

Cheers,
Bert Laverman
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Bert. It's yet another case of "That's a cool feature, why didn't I do that ages ago..."

Thanks for suggesting it.

Peter