JoinFS with XP11 and CSLs

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
bkww

JoinFS with XP11 and CSLs

Post by bkww »

Hello everyone!

I use X-Plane 11 and I want to use external CSLs to show the Planes from JoinFS (I use X-Plane 11). So I downloaded the Bluebell CSL Package (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -packages/) and moved the CSLs into X-Plane 11/Aircraft/Bluebell... When I search for AIrcraft Models in the JoinFS client I can select the Directory but no Models from this CSL Page can be found!? What can I do or haw do I use CSLs with X-Plane 11 and JoinFS so that I can see all the oter planes correct!

Thanks!
Patrick
Marpilot

Re: JoinFS with XP11 and CSLs

Post by Marpilot »

Hi,
why would use poor CSL while you can use .acf for online flying?
We had CSL for IVAO/VATSIM , but here we have obvious progress :)
M.
webstalle

Post by webstalle »

The advantage of using CSL "out of the box" is that you dont have to have all aircrafts installed which might show up while flying online.
That's why other plugins for external live traffic such as livetraffic or PilotEdge do support CSLs usage.
I'm pretty new to joinFS and me too would prefer using CSLs over installed aircrafts. Since that thread is 3 years old I'll raise another query for that issue.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It is now supported in the latest JoinFS. Put your CSL objects in the folder <x-plane>\Resources\plugins\JoinFS\Resources\CSL\, or change the folder location in the Scan For Models window when scanning.

Peter