Broadcasting a TACPACK Carrier.

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
pliph

Broadcasting a TACPACK Carrier.

Post by pliph »

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to ask about when a player 'Broadcast's his list of TACPACK objects, especially a Carrier. Is its TACAN chan /freq included in the broadcast.

Recently a player was doing such as this but the carrier's TACAN wasn't being picked up.

Many thanks

GAry
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Broadcasting a TACPACK Carrier.

Post by Peter »

Hi Gary,

I believe that TACAN uses the same variable as the VOR NAV frequency so it ought to work because that is being passed over. There could well be some other variables that aren't being passed over. Actually it could be due to the fact that it's not an aircraft so all those specific values probably aren't being broadcast at all, in which case I need to get those values sent over. I'll read up on some of the carrier docs and see what variables need sending.

Thanks,
Peter
pliph

Post by pliph »

Thanks for the reply.

Fyi, tonight MODsim LAK01 & 02 attempted a joint Carqual with LAK02 b'casting the carrier. Javier's 'CVN68 Empty' carrier with TACAN 27X, ILS- 111.00MHz.
Although, the carrier was seen, no aids were detected.

I have a log avail but cant attach.
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

We at the USNVA do this quite regularly and neither the Tacan nor ILS transmits across JoinFS. The only person who can recieve the navaids is the person who "Spawned" and is broadcasting the Carrier. We have found a "Workaround" for this limitation though. If you call up the objects list it will give you distance and bearing to the ship. Not quite as nice as actually having the Tacan and ILS transmitted, but workable.

Peter: I had no idea that you didn't know about this or I would have reported it earlier. My Bad!
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

Same with the VUSN, we have had the same issue for a long time now. We have opted to use the RFN Tacan Gauge to supplement activity until Peter could find a possible solution. The RFN Gauge allows all of the other MP pilots to navigate to the carrier and use the ILS is necessary.