Feature Request List

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Grumpy

Re: New Feature List

Post by Grumpy »

How about a tick box in the Hub settings? This would be activated by the individual Hub Owner, and could be selected after discussion with that groups members, or not.

A "one world" scenario is also good, most groups use their own comms application, so that keeps that chatter separate. Its also quite a big world for approx 50 pilots on a good day, to populate 25,000 airports. The chances of running into someone are remote.

One upside, though, is a JoinFS session where everybody flying is in one tight area, all as groups doing their own thing. Just treating all pilots and airspace with a certain courteousness. MUCH better than AI traffic that sheers off if you look too hard at it.

B
N953RC

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by N953RC »

Hi Peter,
I'm wondering how feasible it would be to add server (Hosting) side options? Just a couple of things that might be nice.
1. Have an option for the host to set all clients time to their current times zone based on the server date and time. We are always trying to match each others time, why not let the hosting server automatically set each client to their current location time zone based on current time and date of the server. That way the host can set the time and season for all clients during any event.

2. The ability for the client or server to block the "Follow" option. I was flying last night with a friend and did my follow thing to catch up. I didn't think anything of it until it totally ruined his flight experience when it set off his proximity alerts on approach. JoinFS is a great online tool for those serious minded hobbyists that cant fly their expensive planes on most conventionally hosted community servers. I fell in love with JoinFS for it's ability to let the client ignore those trolls that live to disrupt our hobby. I unintentionally caught my friend by surprise during a very critical time in his flight. I can see trolls intentionally doing this.

TNX,
Rick...
picnic

Post by picnic »

I quite like the idea of a time sync, in the BFSG we specify a flight sim time that all pilots should have. Being able to sync all the times across all the pilots would be great. I guess the problem is who has the master time from which all others are synced. Can't easily use the server as we can't guarantee that someone has access to it. Then it potentially becomes a free for all. Needs a little thinking about.

If there was a time sync system in place I also think there should be a TimeOK button (like CAVOK) where someone can opt out as I know some people don't like landing when it's too dark. I'd rather have someone take part and fly rather than not turn up as they object to the requested time settings.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

TimeOK...
Love it :lol: :lol:
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

1. The time sync is on the to do list, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=443. I was thinking of doing it in a similar way to the copy weather function. So you select an aircraft (or probably a user actually) and select copy time/date. That way you're not forced into having your time updated and everyone can still very easily agree on who's time to use. The time could also be copied from the hub user, which would effectively be server time.

2. That's quite a tricky one. I think in this particular case he needed to be in a controlled environment and session in order to avoid having people drop in like that. Perhaps follows could be enabled/disabled in the session, or in a hub session. The same thing will also apply to joining. Someone could have joined while in the same position as the follow which would have caused the same problem. So maybe the ability to temporarily disable joins to provide a controlled environment. Interesting, any thoughts on that?

Peter
blue_ice

Post by blue_ice »

Regarding having a controlled enviroment. Whilst maybe having a box to disable new joins might work, my concern would be if you want to allow somemore people into the session. It would mean unchecking the box, allowing the user to join then locking the session down again, I know password protected sessions has tried to be avoided. But for this scenario would it be the simplest answer?
As Joinfs continues to grow, I suspect a troll situation will raise its ugly head at some point. Could being able to temporarily lockdown a session with a password be the answer should the situation arise?

Regards

Darren
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

blue_ice wrote:I know password protected sessions has tried to be avoided. But for this scenario would it be the simplest answer?
But in the case as described in the previous post, this wasn't a malicious act but accidental. Even with a password protected session their friend could still have joined at that critical moment.

Rick, at what distance does the proximity alert get activated?

Peter
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Good afternoon, Peter.
Thinking about the time idea.

Love it. If its possible.
For most group flights, like we and the nice gentlemen at BFSG, do,have it so the copy time function picks up LOCAL time where the flight starts.
Ie, departing EGBJ at 0900 hrs LOCAL time.
We all gather, and the flight coordinator say, OK, line up and wait, or what ever, Synchronize your Sundials. and the keen young fellows select the time from the Coordinator or ATCs Aircraft, and presses Sync Time. done.

Someone coming in late to the session, can now easily do the same thing. from ANYBODY at this time.
The beauty of this is, nobody will ever get old!!!
Mozart

Post by Mozart »

i am currently exploring using FSJoin for a new Virtual Group. From what i have read, this looks very promising. congratulations to all the Dev's.
i had run a search for "weather" but have not found the topic.
I had read in the manual that weather is(?) included in FSJoin. "Weather Click on the cell to get regular weather updates from that aircraft."
Is this also synchronized between ALL a/c?
who or what generates the weather for synchronizing? or am i reading this wrong. what should the weather setting be on all clients PC's?
thank you in advance for all your dedication to a wonderful hobby.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Mozart,

thanks for your kind comments.

The idea of synchronizing the weather is that each pilot can choose to get weather updates from another aircraft. So in a group scenario you might all agree that you are going to tick the box in the weather column for pilot A, or on a server it could be that you all choose the server's aircraft which can be permanently parked at any airport. If pilot A is getting regular weather updates from a weather engine then this will propagate the weather METAR to the group, so long as they've ticked that box for pilot A.

If you want to do a single one-off weather update, select the user and click the Copy Weather button at the bottom.

I should add that there are some issues with the weather that need looking at. For example getting updates when one pilot is on the ground and the other is at a high flight level can give unrealistic wind speeds and cross winds. I'll be looking into that next year.

Peter
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Hello everyone.

Considering my server only runs the client and isn't connected to the simulator, can system time be added to the server section of the client that allows anyone in the simulator to copy it?

For example, the US Central server's system time is CST, so anyone syncing to it would be -6 GMT.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

blue_ice wrote:Regarding having a controlled enviroment. Whilst maybe having a box to disable new joins might work, my concern would be if you want to allow somemore people into the session. It would mean unchecking the box, allowing the user to join then locking the session down again, I know password protected sessions has tried to be avoided. But for this scenario would it be the simplest answer?
As Joinfs continues to grow, I suspect a troll situation will raise its ugly head at some point. Could being able to temporarily lockdown a session with a password be the answer should the situation arise?

Regards

Darren
Darren, our server is "up" 24 hrs, we often see people flying on our server who are not part of our group. We don't actually care, as with this type of distributed server, guests like that have zero impact.
If they WERE to become a problem Peter already has that sorted. There is an ignore button. Et Voila! One push, they cease to exist.
I am quite pleased to let them anyway, the more people flying, the better.

Bob
roadrabbit

Post by roadrabbit »

Hi Peter,

Just another plea (I know you've had others on this topic) from the instructors at BAVirtual to implement synchronisation of failures between instructor/student airframes. In particular we would like to be able to fail our students ADI and RMI compass feed (not necessarily at the same time :lol: ).

Love the product - it's what makes our instructing possible at all.

Best wishes,

John BAW747
DEMON702

Re: Feature Request List

Post by DEMON702 »

taccan frequencies for carriers that all players joining a session can detect ,not just the player who spawns the carrier in .
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DEMON702 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:25 pm taccan frequencies for carriers that all players joining a session can detect ,not just the player who spawns the carrier in .
I think this should all become available with the new variable synchronization. You will be able to add your own list of shared SimConnect variables to any aircraft/object including all the extra radio data.

Peter
DEMON702

Post by DEMON702 »

Peter wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 am
DEMON702 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:25 pm taccan frequencies for carriers that all players joining a session can detect ,not just the player who spawns the carrier in .
I think this should all become available with the new variable synchronization. You will be able to add your own list of shared SimConnect variables to any aircraft/object including all the extra radio data.

Peter
wow ! when s this happening ?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DEMON702 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 pm
Peter wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 am

Peter
wow ! when s this happening ?
Not far off now. The hardest part is done, just making sure that most things are working and then there are some interface changes to make. That's the easiest bit.

Peter
fl95

Post by fl95 »

Hi,
is there a chance to see an XBOX-Version of JoinFS ?
Achim
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

fl95 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:27 pm Hi,
is there a chance to see an XBOX-Version of JoinFS ?
Achim
Hi Achim,

No plans for that. Just a thought though, JoinFS connects to MSFS via SimConnect, so in theory there might be a way of setting up a SimConnect.cfg on a PC and configure it to connect to an XBox. Might be worth looking online to see if it is possible.

Peter
ADV358

Post by ADV358 »

Hola por favor como me comunico por radio o mensajeria chat con otro piloto en secion gracias