Low right or left wing

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Bluebird1

Low right or left wing

Post by Bluebird1 »

This is a rear view shot of my formation team in JoinFS
For some reason, they appear to be flying with one wing low. sometimes the right wing and sometimes the left wing. The pilots insist they are flying wings level (as mine are in this image) and hope there is a way to correct this.
They also report "jitters" as they fly closer to me. the closer they get, the worse the jitters get. makes for very difficult formation flight.

We are all using Version 1.1.10 Joiin FS

PS - I also don't know why there are three images here
Attachments
low right wing.jpg
low right wing.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
low right wing.jpg
low right wing.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Low right or left wing

Post by Peter »

I've heard another group having the bank issue. I've not seen it myself though. Could you take a short recording in JoinFS and send it to me, please. Does it only happen at a certain speed?

The jitter problem I have seen, but it always happens to the same people and I haven't found the reason for it yet. Most people I've flown with the aircraft is very smooth, but a few people I've flown with have a problem with the plane moving backwards and forwards a bit. I don't know if it's network or system related. If you could ask all pilots how they see everyone else, is it possible to narrow it down to just one or two people?

Peter
Chris_P

Post by Chris_P »

I don't know If it will help, but try to lock frames less than 30FPS.
I use 24FPS locked.
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

I've had this and read, somewhere on this forum, that turning on ATC in Settings causes it. It's true, turn off ATC and aircraft 'Straighten up an' fly right.'
(Words from a very old song.)
Found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVaP6dM1fs
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Well done, Ron, I'd forgotten about that.

To reiterate, only enable ATC mode if you need to use the radar/GPS monitoring, otherwise turn it off as it will distort the aircraft positions.

Peter
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Thanks for the replies, and I am betting on the ATC setting. I Have been experimenting with the Ctrl Twr setup in preparation for giving some ATC Procedures training and IFR training. Will chk the ATC settings and report back.

As far as the jitters are concerned, my two Wing pilots and Slot pilot seem to see me jittering. Because of the increased separation between wing and slot pilots, there does not seem to be an issue there.
Inhave a rearview mirror setup via a separate locked spot view with the "[" key to keep an eye on the trailing aircraft. They always seem steady to me.

On the framerates - yes.....we always keep the rate below 30. Usually in the 20 - 24 fps range.
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Ref wing low: turning off the ATC Mode did not fix the problem.

Ref Jitter: All players have reset the FPS to 24FPS - seems to have rectified the jitter problem

As requested, Attached is link to a recording in my DropBox to show the strange non-level wing issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhutsr93fxp0z ... g.jfs?dl=0
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the recording. The other it may be is aileron/rudder trim. These have never been transferred correctly, however that will be fixed in tomorrows version 1.1.11. That may or may not fix it depending on what the cause is.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The recording looks fine to me.

Is there a particular time during the recording where you see the problem?
How does the recording look for you when you play it back, making sure that File|Settings, ATC Mode is unticked before you open the recording.

Is the aircraft freeware? It may be related to that. I substituted it for the T-45, perhaps you could try substituting it and see if that corrects it.

Just to make it clear, you need to untick ATC mode before joining a session or opening a recording.

Peter