Towerview consideration

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Bluebird1

Towerview consideration

Post by Bluebird1 »

Hi Peter
Something you might want to explore sometime when you have time (as if that's about to happen) is incorporating a towerview with autopan feature. Even a customizable towerview where you could place a view of the flying aircraft virtually anywhere?
Doing so would be an ideal virtual camera.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Towerview consideration

Post by Peter »

A good idea, but aren't there any add-ons that already do this? Does the OrbX BOB not have autopan tracking?

Peter
Deano1973

Post by Deano1973 »

There are a number of ways you can do this:

1) Start a Multiplayer session as an ATC Controller, save the flight. Then you can access that saved flight in Free Flight for use with JoinFS and your radar of choice.

2) Download this tower, which can be moved about as per a normal aircraft using the slew commands:

http://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/8/5

3) Use FSRecorder, a freeware add on that allows you to create and edit new tower views and track AI aircraft in a JoinFS session by selecting them from the View>AI Aircraft list.

4) Finally, use this process to install FSX's little-known but brilliant ATC radar into any aircraft or tower from method 3 above:

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... the-plane/

Cheers :)
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Peter wrote:A good idea, but aren't there any add-ons that already do this? Does the OrbX BOB not have autopan tracking?

Peter
Most assuredly, yes, Orbix has two towers, no, NOT twins. A tall one and oddly enough, a short one.
Essentially, they are invisible aircraft, and you can slew them to where ever you like.
FREE too.
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

To my limited knowledge, ORBX BOB does not have autopan. If it does then I wish someone could tell me how its done. Panning seems to be via the hatswitch only and is quite difficult to track an airplane at 450kts during a high speed pass. Of course i will stand corrected.

As far as the built-in CT that you would use for ATC work is concerned; the tower is really nothing more than an aircraft from which one can select an external view. Panning is the sams as fot BOB - via the hat switch.

Have not seen anything else available that can give autopan similar to FSRecorder with its autopan ability from the FSX tower or from any other customizable camera views. I am in no was knocking JoinFS because without it, my Steam pilots would not be able to fly with me and I thank Peter profusely for his work. I am just hoping out loud that maybe there would be a simple way to incorporate that future. From then on, I would likely remain silent unless I See something here that I can help someone with.

Thanks for all of your answers.
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Deano1973 wrote:There are a number of ways you can do this:

1) Start a Multiplayer session as an ATC Controller, save the flight. Then you can access that saved flight in Free Flight for use with JoinFS and your radar of choice.

2) Download this tower, which can be moved about as per a normal aircraft using the slew commands:

http://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/8/5

3) Use FSRecorder, a freeware add on that allows you to create and edit new tower views and track AI aircraft in a JoinFS session by selecting them from the View>AI Aircraft list.

4) Finally, use this process to install FSX's little-known but brilliant ATC radar into any aircraft or tower from method 3 above:

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... the-plane/

Cheers :)
I dont want to track them from RADAR. I want to track them as one would via a virtual television camera at an airshow so that it could be streamed via livestream for instance or simply to a large flatscreen monitor for public display.