Suitable for flying interceptions?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Les

Suitable for flying interceptions?

Post by Les »

Hi,
We have two full cockpit fighter jet simulators running fsx at our air cadet unit.

I'm restoring them back to full use- we have the two Sims and a third pc as an ATC / radar station connected over a Lan.

Trouble is we have no ai aircraft. My real aim is to program some ai aircraft which the cadets can then intercept....fsx doesn't seem to allow ai on multiplayer, but I understand joinfs may allow us to do this?
Does that sound feasible?
Many thanks
Les
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Suitable for flying interceptions?

Post by Peter »

Hi,

You can record an aircraft's flight with JoinFS and replay it back. You can then record/overdub unlimited aircraft into the same recording to build more complicated scenarios. The recording can be saved and played back at a later time. The aircraft can also be broadcast within the JoinFS multiplayer session allowing you to fly with other people at the same time as the aircraft playing back in the recording.

Hope that helps,

Peter
Les

Post by Les »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply
That sounds like just what we are looking for.
We also use the vrs tacpac so we can shoot down the ai aircraft (and each other!) Would the broadcast aircraft behave like ai in terms of being able to shoot them down?

Apologies for the military questions!!
Les
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Not sure about the VRS compatibility. It may work. There is an option in the JoinFS settings to allow all Tacpac objects to be broadcast in the session. I would enable that.

Peter
Les

Post by Les »

Many thanks, will do
I'll be able to try it later this week