Use of ESJFS since the split of applications

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Doctorwhomine

Use of ESJFS since the split of applications

Post by Doctorwhomine »

Hello, I am apart of a flight sim community called The Flight Lounge and we have thoroughly enjoyed using your product over the last 9 months or so since introducing it to our community in different stages. One of our main functions is providing ATC services to other members and a few of us use Euroscope/VRC to do this. Unfortunately, this hasn't been as simple as it once was since the split from one JoinFS application to one for each of the different simulators as it seems ESJFS does not like to read the euroscope.txt in folders such as JoinFS-FSX only JoinFS, therefore those of us who uninstalled our older versions of JoinFS have to load a simulator and route the traffic through there. Would it be possible to release a version that kept the AppData folder with the name JoinFS to let us go back to using as few programs as possible while controlling.

Thank you,
Doctorwhomine

TLDR: Newer versions of JoinFS not compatible with ESJFS, would it be possible to release a version with AppData folder titled JoinFS again instead of JoinFS-FSX etc.
Doctorwhomine

Re: Use of ESJFS since the split of applications

Post by Doctorwhomine »

I have just found the archived versions of the app, so not as urgent. But it would be nice to have the latest features when they come about so it's something to consider for the future.

Apologies for any inconvenience,
Doctorwhomine
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks for getting in touch. Just wondering why ESJFS doesn't like the folder JoinFS-FSX, is it because of the hyphen, or is ESJFS only looking for a JoinFS folder and nothing else?

It may be that ESJFS just needs a slight modification to look in the right folder.

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Let me walk the dog and I'll sort it!

2hrs or so.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Ive added a textbox to the bottom, so that you can specify your whazzup file location.
I hope that helps.