Landing gear visibility issues between MSFS and XP11?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
ballen

Landing gear visibility issues between MSFS and XP11?

Post by ballen »

Hi all,

I was hoping that someone might be able to help - me and a friend (him running XP11 and myself running MSFS2020) seem to have an issue seeing each other's landing gear - we both appear to be floating in mid air despite both being on the ground.

We are both using JoinFS 3.2.8

I therefore, wondered if:

1) This is normal between MSFS and XP11 (and just have to live with it?) - I don't see too many people posting about it in the forums.
2) Is the correct way to solve this to use the variable assignment feature (and if so, if anyone has an example file, please could you share with me?)
3) I feel that this *shouldnt* be an issue as it has previously been reported as "fixed" in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1199&p=6507&hilit=l ... gear#p6507 and therefore wonder if we're doing something wrong?

I thought I'd also mention that I have no issue with seeing landing gears for other MSFS2020 users it just appears to be when using MSFS and XP11.

Many thanks in advance,

Bobby
thunfischbaum

Re: Landing gear visibility issues between MSFS and XP11?

Post by thunfischbaum »

Hey everyone,
just wanted to ask if someone is able to help us with this?
We really enjoy JoinFS so far. Thanks for this awesome program and for making it free!

We've tried several things now including:
> Removed all Plugins that could mess with Datarefs regarding gear, flaps, spoilers etc... That is only the animation datarefs of course
> Swapped models and made sure they are in the obj8 format - using bluebells now

I'm the X-Plane side of things by the way - If you need my help with testing something out, drop me a Mail or just answer to this post. I'll be just around the corner. :)
We would love to fix this, any ideas? (The Screenshots are looking a bit odd without wheels :D )

Best regards and Happy Easter to everyone!,
Uwe