VR Jitter

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
AviatorLogic

VR Jitter

Post by AviatorLogic »

Hi Peter,

I think the formation fidelity is good enough for now using JoinFS, generally speaking. However, in VR, the jitter fore/aft motion of aircraft is significantly worse. It's pretty much unflyable right now. If you have any ideas/suggestions for this, I would greatly appreciate your help!
Peter
Site Admin

Re: VR Jitter

Post by Peter »

Do you think the actual movement is worse or is it just the effect of VR and the aspect ratio?

Peter
AviatorLogic

Post by AviatorLogic »

Hard to say... it reminds me of FSX and FS Recorder. There was an issue where above ~30fps, aircraft would jittery forward and back, so you'd have to lock your framerate to 30fps. I don't know if that is the same thing here, since there isn't jittery motion above 30fps without VR in MSFS. If you have some things you'd like to see I can record some footage.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That 30fps thing also affects JoinFS in FSX and P3D, but as you say MSFS doesn't have that problem. I have VR here so I will take a look.

Peter
AviatorLogic

Post by AviatorLogic »

Any luck with this?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Not looked at it yet, sorry. Having some work done to the house, so am away from the computer a lot at the moment. Going to be looking at changing the position updates to every frame soon, so that should improve it.

Peter
AviatorLogic

Post by AviatorLogic »

No problem, I appreciate the message. I am very excited about the upcoming change! Thanks.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Could you try out v3.2.9, please? Hopefully this will show an improvement.

Peter
BeckerSup

Post by BeckerSup »

Hi there, no intention of hijacking a post, but I have high interest in knowing if the OP sees an improvement. I use VR extensively but haven't tried it with JoinFS yet. VR is finicky.
evanswillo

Post by evanswillo »

Hi, may I add an observation. I fly the JustFlight Hawk in VR when using the JoinFS Recorder I have noticed the pre recorded Hawk adds weaopn loadout to the recorded aircraft, but if I come really close then this layout disapperas. Is it possible that these changes to the model are contributing to the jitter we see in VR, again I must state this is just an observation.
AviatorLogic

Post by AviatorLogic »

It's possible the LODs of the Hawk are causing this at distance, not sure. VR jitter hasn't gotten any better from my perspective.