JoinFS "Not Connected"

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
BETEPok

JoinFS "Not Connected"

Post by BETEPok »

Hi,

First time using this software, me and my friend wanted to fly together. He has Steam version of FSX and I have the DVD standalone version.

We both downloaded JoinFS and went through the install process no problem. However when I opened the game after we both spawned in the same airport we could not see each other. I found that in the view>Session window I was "connected" to server but under "Simulator" it says "Not Connected".

I followed the troubleshooting procedure but nothing seemed to match. I tried Scanning for models multiple times and it didn't help. I reinstalled JoinFS and ran it as administrator but still it nothing. To clarify: it finds the models, it announces that it found the models, but the simulator stays forever disconnected even though the "simulator" button is green.

Thanks in advance

Michael
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS "Not Connected"

Post by Peter »

Hi, you need to install this version of SimConnect, https://joinfs.net/SimConnect.msi

Peter
BETEPok

Post by BETEPok »

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your response, however the problem still persists. The simulator wont connect to my game. I have even turned off windows antivirus completely just in case but to no avail.

Just to reiterate, me and my friend were trying to make it work at the same time and he succeeded, the only difference is my FSX is a CD copy from about 10 years ago and his is the steam edition. Is there anything else you can recommend to me?

Thank you,
Mihails
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If you installed from CD, did you also find and apply the two FSX service packs? I am fairly sure that you need to upgrade to service pack 2 for everything to work properly.

Peter
BETEPok

Post by BETEPok »

Hi Peter,

That solved the problem, thank you.

Kind Regards,
Michael