Removing scanned aircraft models

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Ratty

Removing scanned aircraft models

Post by Ratty »

Although I selected only Airplanes when I scanned for models I still got Henrik Nielsen's AI ships in my model matching list. While it's amusing to set up the occasional flying four-masted sailing ship, it's getting tedious to scroll through all the entries. Is there anyway to delete the entire database and start again from scratch?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Removing scanned aircraft models

Post by Peter »

Which simulator are you using?

Peter
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Sorry. P3Dv4.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I've just downloaded what I think is the same models from AVSIM. It seems that all the models are in a 'Boat' folder. Is that the same as what you have installed?

Does the scan window give you the option to tick the Airplanes folder but not the Boat folder?

Peter

P.S. Thanks for the coffee. :D
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Yes, and yes.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ok, so I copied everything from the Boats in the install folder to the P3D SimObjects\Boats folder.

I then ran P3D and JoinFS. Opened the scan window, made sure Airplanes was checked and Boats was unchecked. Did the scan.

I then opened <User>\AppData\Local\JoinFS\models - Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4.txt. There were none of those boats in this file.

What happens when you try the above?

Can you double check that you don't have any of the boats in the Airplanes folder?

When you mentioned the database, are you referring to the above text file? That file gets completely rewritten during a scan.

Peter
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Hmmmm. I can confirm there are no boats in Airplanes, and only Airplanes is checked for the scan. I re-ran the scan and it created a new file - with all the boats in it!

Yes, when I said "database" I guess it was this file, which I hadn't found before. I'm assuming this is somehow just operator error, but can't figure out how I've screwed it up. Can I just delete that file to start over?
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

And to add to the confusion (or perhaps explain it) I've just discovered that I don't know where Nielsen's boats are as they're not in Boats in P3D.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Can you have a look at the Additional folders section at the bottom of the scan window and make sure that it doesn't contain an entry pointing to these extra boat folder?

Also make sure you definitely have the correct P3D root folder at the top of the scan window.

And check the modified date on that file to make sure it is the one that has just been written by JoinFS.

Definitely something odd going on here.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ah, this is interesting. Just spotted that for P3D JoinFS also checks your <MyDocuments>\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. I bet it is in there. If so, can you let me know the path of the sub-folder? Is it still in an Airplanes/Boats folder?

Peter
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

You guessed it! I just got back from dinner and wanted to tell you that I found the boats right there. The folder is: C:\Users\Ian Radcliffe\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Boats.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Great. All I need to do then is apply the same sub-folders that you tick to everything below that add-on folder. That should sort it. Thanks for bringing it up.

Peter
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Not at all, thank YOU. Great work all round, Peter!