X-Plane drawing

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
deyneko

X-Plane drawing

Post by deyneko »

Hi Peter,
Please do something with X-Plane drawing... With some models it is really awful :(
We started to speak in August 2021... three months are passed, but we still cannot use it with particular X-Plane models. Only with old models it works well.
Please Peter - fix x-plane draving.

We can see Thranda DHC-2 like this:
We can see Yak-52 like this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1214
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1240

Thank you in advance,
Alexander
Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-Plane drawing

Post by Peter »

I have just released a new development build 3.1.5T. I have changed the injection method back to the original way it used to work so that all aircraft should now be displayed correctly. The downsides are lack of livery support and the simulator pause that occurs while the aircraft are loaded. But at least it should look a lot better.

Peter
clm79

Post by clm79 »

I'll check it out and let you know Peter. Thanks. Didnt you release it on github? cant find the link again.

Clem
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

clm79 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:33 pm I'll check it out and let you know Peter. Thanks. Didnt you release it on github? cant find the link again.

Clem
No, it's not on github, although I was thinking about releasing the X-Plugin code on github in case others want to try alternative rendering methods. The main problem now is that the sim pauses for a few seconds every time a new model is loaded when another pilot joins the session. Would be nice if X-Plane did its own loading of data asynchronously.

Peter