model matching list

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
dan

model matching list

Post by dan »

Good day,

with the carenado engine issues with engines dying on people, would it be possible that we can have an exclusion list in the model matching, so pilots can disable carenado aircraft from either broadcasting or even being drawn as AI, which i think is the problem with carenado piracy?

for example after scanning for model we can select or deselect which models are used for model matching, could also tidy up reduce the substitution list, especially if you just fly with the same people over and over with a set of aircraft.

Many thanks

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Re: model matching list

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

that's a neat idea. Do you think it would also be worth excluding these Carenado aircraft by default in JoinFS since they appear to be causing problems for everyone that has these installed?

Peter
dan

Post by dan »

I think thats your call Peter, lol. I think maybe just a enable/disable option for user preference, but be great. i think reading in other posts there maybe other airframes Alaebo maybe. that do the same so the question would be where does it end, and if its easy for the user to do it saves you constantly updating the backend everytime a new release or a new aircraft causes the same issue.

my 2p worth , Your the man lol.

Many thanks

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The only reason I think it would be useful to have something in there by default is that many users, particularly new users will not be aware of the issue and might get a negative impression of JoinFS as a result.

The problem only applies if you are flying that particular model, so I could check if the model being inserted is the same as the one you are flying, and if it's also in the list of problem aircraft, then do the alternative substitution. Obviously if you're flying a default Cessna then it's okay to inject the problem aircraft.

Peter
dan

Post by dan »

the organisation i fly rarely fly a carnado model but most of the time its other designers mainly military type airframes, we have found out that if someone has a carenado model in there library then thats what causes issues and engines die, so like you say people who are new to join fs and do not know about the problem then yes i would say in my preference default exemption would be great and easy to manage for new comers to our org and others.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

And also, just to confirm, the problem only arises when you are in the same Carenado as the one that appears?

Peter