XP11 shared cockpit

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
captainmoose

XP11 shared cockpit

Post by captainmoose »

Hi Peter;
I was trying a shared cockpit session with both sides in XP11 (default C172 steam gauges), both on 1.7.3 with the latest plugin installed, green simulator and network connections established. Most controls work fine and sync except for the following:

- Control column doesn't sync, so one side moves the stick the other doesn't see any movement.
- Guest session aircraft is not started, when the host starts the aircraft, the guest aircraft stays off. The mags sync but not the start so it stays off while the host's aircraft engine turns on.
- The guest's Attitude Indicator, Tachometer, Magnetic Compass, VOR and NDB dials, Fuel Quantity Gauge, Fuel Flow & EGT, Vacuum Gauge & Ammeter, AND Oil Temp & Pressure don't sync and stay static.

Any help around this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mustafa
Peter
Site Admin

Re: XP11 shared cockpit

Post by Peter »

Hi Mustafa,

Rather than fixing those up now, I think it will be worth waiting for the shared cockpit rewrite which should address all of those in one go. I'm hoping to have something to test with the new shared cockpit in March. A bit of a wait, but it should be worth it.

Peter
captainmoose

Post by captainmoose »

That sounds fabulous... please let me know if you need any beta testers then.

Thanks,
Mustafa
captainmoose

Post by captainmoose »

Hi Peter;
Great to hear about all the new X-Plane features with the recent releases (namely 2.2.3). I have few questions:

1- Will the new '\Documents\JoinFS\Variables\' folder for variable definitions be used to sync aircraft switches and gauges from the 'General.txt' for each aircraft where I have to define these variables based on X-Plane DataRefs? and is the Variable definition format is that is used in the General.txt - '|X-Plane dataref|SimConnect name|Option1|Option2|...'?

2- Is there a tutorial or material somewhere on this functionality or is it self-explanatory?

3- Is there any capability to fail systems or would the instructor just need to use the X-Plane built-in system failure options?

4- Last but not least, I would like to become a patron but £29 monthly is a bit steep for me at the moment, do you have any other lower tier?

Keep up the great work and thanks as always,
Mustafa
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

captainmoose wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:06 am Hi Peter;
Great to hear about all the new X-Plane features with the recent releases (namely 2.2.3). I have few questions:

1- Will the new '\Documents\JoinFS\Variables\' folder for variable definitions be used to sync aircraft switches and gauges from the 'General.txt' for each aircraft where I have to define these variables based on X-Plane DataRefs? and is the Variable definition format is that is used in the General.txt - '|X-Plane dataref|SimConnect name|Option1|Option2|...'?

2- Is there a tutorial or material somewhere on this functionality or is it self-explanatory?

3- Is there any capability to fail systems or would the instructor just need to use the X-Plane built-in system failure options?

4- Last but not least, I would like to become a patron but £29 monthly is a bit steep for me at the moment, do you have any other lower tier?

Keep up the great work and thanks as always,
Mustafa
Hi Mustafa,

1. The General.txt variable file is auto-generated, although you could edit it if you wanted to. Deleting it will auto generate a new one. The General.txt will cover the common switches and gauges. There will be a SingleProp.txt, TwinProp.txt, etc, which will automatically apply to any aircraft based on its typerole. Coming soon there will be an extra interface in JoinFS to manage which files apply to an aircraft. For example:

Example List for PA24:
General.txt
TwinProp.txt
PA24-specific.txt
MyCustom.txt

2. I will be adding this to the manual once the interface changes have been made.

3. I will need to look at the X-Plane built-in system, however if it is based on datarefs, then you might actually be able to add a custom variable file to sync the failures. Otherwise, I will need to extend the feature with something like a Failures.txt file.

4. You can be a patron with any monthly amount that you like starting from £1. I think you must be looking at the current total, which is £29.

Thanks,
Peter
captainmoose

Post by captainmoose »

Thanks Peter;
This is very helpful. We will be trying this out on the X-Plane to P3D5 compatibility for the Baron 58.
There is a bunch of failure datarefs under 'sim/operation/failures/' so I will be tinkering around with the custom variable file feature to sync Failures and let you know how things go.

Thanks again;
Mustafa