JoinFS and IVAO XP11

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
moorer7

JoinFS and IVAO XP11

Post by moorer7 »

I am aware that in recent versions of Xplane that the way AI models are handled has changed and therefore only one plugin can control them at once. Do I understand this correctly and am I right it is not possible to use JoinFS and IVAO's Altitude client at the same time? This is something I already do on P3d as we set are models to be invisible to each other on the ivao client and but I am unsure if there is any solution for Xplane.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS and IVAO XP11

Post by Peter »

Actually, until recently it was the case the only one plugin had access to the AI aircraft. However, JoinFS recently changed so that it no longer uses the AI aircraft for drawing them, so it should be able to run concurrently with the IVAO one. The only thing is that JoinFS still acquires the aircraft, but only so that it can update the maps with TCAS. Do you think it would be useful to have an option in the JoinFS settings for TCAS, so that you could choose to disable it and therefore allow IVAO to work unhindered?

Peter
moorer7

Re: JoinFS and IVAO XP11

Post by moorer7 »

Yes please, that would be very useful, I am aware that IVAO in the future is trying to improve there latency to allow formation flight but until that time I would love to use JoinFS with IVAO.