Cannot get JoinFS to work within X-Plane 10.51

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
glester

Cannot get JoinFS to work within X-Plane 10.51

Post by glester »

Hello! I installed JoinFS yesterday in my computer running Windows 10 as well as Microsoft's C++ runtime files required to run JoinFS. The program will not link up with XP10. Under the plug-ins folder there is a subfolder called "joinfs" with two embedded folders called "32" and "64". When I open the manage plug-ins option, there is nothing there listed as joinfs. Will your program even work with XPlane 10? I would really appreciate the help. Thank you in advance............. :(
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get JoinFS to work within X-Plane 10.51

Post by Peter »

Hi, do you know if your version of X-Plane is 32 or 64 bit?

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think it would be quite a lot of work to add support for X-Plane 10. The SDK has changed a lot since that version. If there was more demand for it then it might be worth considering.

Peter
glester

Post by glester »

Peter wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:54 am Hi, do you know if your version of X-Plane is 32 or 64 bit?

Peter
Hi Peter, my version of XP10 is 64 bit. Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.
glester

Post by glester »

Peter wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:22 am I think it would be quite a lot of work to add support for X-Plane 10. The SDK has changed a lot since that version. If there was more demand for it then it might be worth considering.

Peter
I even tried older versions of JFS, still the same result. When I am in Xplane and click on the plugins tab, should I see JoinFS in the drop down list when I select "plugin information"? Because I am not.
George
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I'm afraid JoinFS doesn't support X-Plane 10 as there simply hasn't been any demand for it, apart from this post of course.

Peter