PD3 friends not visible

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
roofergeoff

PD3 friends not visible

Post by roofergeoff »

Hi Peter, very new to this so, hope I havent got this wrong?

Im runing xplane and join fs 1.6.8 at this time and join up with two friend flying in PD3.
We all see each other on our flight sims and my friends see me in plan G however, I do not see them on my plane G.
My friends have ticked broadcast but, this makes no difference.
Im aware that my friends see me in plan G traffic: a/c - tail no ect but, I dont see their a/c or tail no?

Can you help me at all?
Regards Roofergeoff
Peter
Site Admin

Re: PD3 friends not visible

Post by Peter »

Hello,

I just got this working yesterday in version 1.6.10. If you wish to try it out before I release it next week then you can install the test version from here, https://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html. The test version of JoinFS will install as a separate icon on your desktop, so you can run both versions as required.

The aircraft now show on the X-Plane map and also in LittleNavMap. However, I just tested an old version of Plan-G and could not see the extra aircraft. Could you let me know if you have any luck using JoinFS 1.6.10?

Thanks,
Peter
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Hi Peter, thanks for your help and I have downloaded this test program and will be in touch soon.
Regards Geoff
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Hi Peter, just downloaded ( 1.7.3t) and it will not connect to sim.
The simulated tab stays orange.
Regards Geoff
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Geoff,

Are you using X-Plane? Did you not get a message asking you to install the X-Plane plugin?

Try opening File|Settings and click Install Plugin.

Peter
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Ok Peter, it would help if I had installed plugin first.
It's seem that the AI aircraft disappear 1minuit after selecting simulated tab.
I'm using plan G version v3.2.2.
Regards Geoff
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

roofergeoff wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:43 am It's seem that the AI aircraft disappear 1minuit after selecting simulated tab.
I'm using plan G version v3.2.2.
Do you mean that the map updates aren't working in 1.7.3?

Peter
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Sorry Peter not sure? I have downloaded from you the test program.
If I load xplane then planG I see AI aircraft in plan G.
If I then load join FS 1.7.3t and select the simulated tab in Join FS exactly after 70 sec the AI displayed in plan G disappear.
If I turn off the simulated tab in join FS, the AI aircraft reappear in plan G.
Thanks for your persistence in this problem, this is a fantastic program which during this lockdown is really been very helpful for a lot of pilots like myself!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think it's probably because when you connect JoinFS to X-Plane, it takes control off the TCAS aircraft. So they will no longer appear in PlanG. That's just the way X-Plane works. I may be able to update the AI aircraft within JoinFS, However, for some reason the JoinFS aircraft don't appear in PlanG, even though they do appear in Little Nav Map. Not sure why that is.

Peter
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Hi Peter, good news,I have now been able to link up with one friend and everything was now working fine.
I will be flying with others on Tuesday and I will let you know how things progress.
Thanks again for all your help in matter and clearly it's time I made a donation in order for you to continue your great work.
Kind Regards Geoff Hoult
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Great. Thanks for the update on this. I hope you have a successful flight on Tuesday. 8-)

Peter
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Hi Peter, hope you had a good weekend, I live in Cheltenham and spent the weekend shovelling snow!

Anyway, I have now been able to test the new 1.7.3t.

I'm running G plan on my lap top, connection to xplane through XPUIPC.

When I joined FS with my friend Simon on Monday all was well however, on Tuesday I joined up with both Simon and David and found that my aircraft along with Simons and Davids appeared on planG and Little Navmap so, all good but, after 8 seconds Davids plane disappeared, leaving just Simon and I.

Interestingly, if I open xplanes map, on my main computer, I see all three of us perfectly!!!
Regards Geoff
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Geoff,

I noticed that for me, I could see aircraft on LNM but not on PlanG. But as you say they appear fine in the X-Plane map itself.

I'm not sure what other criteria is required for PlanG, but the X-Plane map seems to work. I'll try contacting the PlanG developer and see if they might know the reason for it.

Peter
roofergeoff

Post by roofergeoff »

Thanks again Peter, I'm sure Tim will help if he can.
Geoff