When using JoinFS together, my friends computer crashes

Report problems with JoinFS.
erikvdh

When using JoinFS together, my friends computer crashes

Post by erikvdh »

Hi there,

Please let me adres a strange issue here when using JoinFS on Xplane11 with a friend. When we connect for a multiplayer session, my friends computer crashes the instant the connection is established. His frame rate drops, screens are freezing and the CPU goes up to 100%

We both use a 3-screen setup with Nvidia Gforce 1060 or 1070 GPU. Iam on a Ryzen 5, 2600 3,4Ghz, 16GB ram and 512-SSD and the Nvidia Gforce 1060. My internet connection is a 50 Mbps up and down fiber connection. We both have Windows 10 as OS.

That problem only seems to occur in the following situations: we connect directly with IP numbers and if we use a public server. It also only seems to happen when he connects to me. Notice that when we connect in a session hosted on a 3rd friends private server session, everything runs smoothly on all sides without changing any settings.

Does anyone have a clue what can go wrong here?

Thanks for any suggestions.
ATC Roo

Re: When using JoinFS together, my friends computer crashes

Post by ATC Roo »

Do the XPlane logs point to a culprit?
erikvdh

Post by erikvdh »

I will try again and then read true the log files of both PC's.
Then I will het back with any findings.
erikvdh

Post by erikvdh »

I examend both the Xplane11 and JoinFS logs en did found nothing strange. Anyone any suggestions?
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Ive not heard of this issue before so it's not a common one.

I'd first try and find what caused the PC to crash which is why I mentioned the logs above, else we would just be guessing what the issue was.

If you're using windows the link below should help you find out why the PC crashed.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222730/how-to ... -or-froze/

Once you know the cause of the crash we can make suggestions to help.
erikvdh

Post by erikvdh »

Hi There,

Before investigating the Windows logs, we tried some other things and might bring us closer to a solution. We find out that when we both use the Xplane 11 standard C172 Skyhawk everything runs just fine!

However, we like to fly in the C152, cause thats the plane we have our flying lessons in. We bougt this one: https://www.justflight.com/product/c152-xplane

When I host the session and we are both in the C152, my friends computer crashes.
When iam in the C152 and he is in the C172, his computer crashes to.
But when iam in the C172 and he is in de C152 everything works just fine!
The same goes when we are both in the C172.

It might be that something is buggy in the C152 model, but only when iam the host and in the C152 at the same time. Cause also, when we did this last week with the 3rd player hosting the session in a very different aircraft we both could fly in our C152's.

So now we have part of the solution, but still open for suggestions cause we like to fly in our own planes.

Thanks again.