Virus Attacker Warning from JoinFS Map site

Report problems with JoinFS.
Hangar

Virus Attacker Warning from JoinFS Map site

Post by Hangar »

Everytime I try to visit https://roo.servebeer.com/jfs/map/ I get this attacker warning from my anti-virus as there is something about your coding that needs to be made less intrusive.

ATC Roo

Re: Virus Attacker Warning from JoinFS Map site

Post by ATC Roo »

Propu.sh is to do with an advert that pops up on first load.

It's not a virus but will show you adverts if you click it.

I've got to make money to keep the map going somehow. ;)
Last edited by ATC Roo on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hangar

Post by Hangar »

That link gets this result:
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

That looks correct as the ssl certificate is related to the hostname and not my IP.

I've changed my reply above.
Hangar

Post by Hangar »

umm, interesting...there are literally millions of other web pages out there which don't throw such high risk warnings for ads (or any warnings at all for that matter). Might be a good idea to do it the same way everyone else is doing that. No one would begrudge ads for a free service/product...but this doesn't look good in any way. It is quite disturbing, in fact.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Hangar wrote:umm, interesting...there are literally millions of other web pages out there which don't throw such high risk warnings for ads (or any warnings at all for that matter). Might be a good idea to do it the same way everyone else is doing that. No one would begrudge ads for a free service/product...but this doesn't look good in any way. It is quite disturbing, in fact.
Very true.
Although I've found that the majority of advertisers dont like a web site with little content and a shared domain name.
For example Google Ads wont accept me.

I'm using a company called https://propellerads.com if you wanted to look into them.

So far with over 2 years or so using them I've nearly made $40, with a minimum withdrawal amount of $100.
So it's far from lucrative.

As I'm forced to run the JoinFS map on a home server it's the only way I can try and claw some electricity costs back.

If somebody would like to take over the hosting of the map, I'll gladly provide the info.
Hangar

Post by Hangar »

Geez, $20 per year hardly seems worth the trouble to add their code to your site. Doesn't sound like it costs much to host the map itself as the user base seems pretty small-ish. I don't have the space to keep my older machine running here (as I live in a condo apartment) otherwise I might actually take you up on that as I do plenty of modding for my other passion (arma3) and have often hosted servers over the years.

Alot of changes this past year though and no longer have the extra space...I cant even do a 2 monitor setup currently :-(

In any case however, I still don't see any reason why that should be throwing such serious warnings in the browser like that...makes no sense. I dont believe those warnings happen when you call the map from within the Joinfs app itself...Only when you open a pure browser window and goto the page manually...weird stuff.