1.4.20 Aircraft not broadcasting

Report problems with JoinFS.
blue_ice

1.4.20 Aircraft not broadcasting

Post by blue_ice »

Hi Peter

I've been running a hub on a dedication pc which is on the same network as my sim pc for some time, since 1.4.20 I've noticed the hub isn't picking up my aircraft. I've rolled back the sim client to 1.4.18 and all seems to be working ok, then reinstalled 1.4.20 and it not broadcasting again. Something appears to be broken there.

thanks
Darren
Peter
Site Admin

Re: 1.4.20 Aircraft not broadcasting

Post by Peter »

I've just spotted what this might be related to. I added an optimization in 1.4.20 which means that if a client or hub is not connected to a simulator then it doesn't receive any unnecessary data. Unfortunately it looks like this well-intended modification has some unintended consequences. Do you need the aircraft information for updating maps etc?

If so, then I can change the optimization so that it still sends the aircraft updates but less frequently for these stand-alone hubs. So the information still gets there but instead of getting updated ten times a second, it's more like once every five seconds, perhaps?

Peter
blue_ice

Post by blue_ice »

Thanks for the quick reply,

If you can add the aircraft info that would be great, but if its going to possibly cause problems in the future then i can live without it.

thanks again
Darren
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Would this affect the Whazzup file too Peter?

Some of us use JoinFS with no sim running, but with a radar screen open reading the whazzup to display traffic.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

ATC Roo wrote:Would this affect the Whazzup file too Peter?

Some of us use JoinFS with no sim running, but with a radar screen open reading the whazzup to display traffic.
Yes, that's the same bug. Should be fixed in 1.4.21.

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Thanks.
I've left the map on 1.4.18 for now then.