Bug List

Report problems with JoinFS.
Tinkerbell 691

Re: Bug List

Post by Tinkerbell 691 »

When I click on "View Map" in the Hubs window, it brings up a webpage that says "Account Suspended"....?

I have just downloaded version 1.4.33 and I fly on FSX....I can no longer right click on other aircraft to follow them....?

Also have an issue that the "Global" button (if ticked) disallows me to swap immediately between hubs until unticked.....?

Thank you for taking my questions, I sincerely appreciate it :)

Tinkerbell 691
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Tinkerbell 691,

The map is provided by ATC Roo. I'm sure he'll be on to it.

Not sure what you mean about the follow problem. Seems fine to me. Click on the aircraft you wish to follow so that the row highlights in blue. Then right-click and select Follow 'whomever'.

When the Global Session button is ticked you are basically always in that session all the time. I can make it so that if you select join an a particular session it automatically unticks the global session option for you. That might be the best way of doing it.

Peter
Tinkerbell 691

Post by Tinkerbell 691 »

Okay, I just found an "issue", not a bug that can be simply remedied.....

Apparently, I'm the ONLY person on version 1.4.33 and because of that, it's not compatible with anyone else. (Simply because they've chosen not to update to the latest version.) So, in effect, am I simply unable to fly online with everyone until they start downloading the latest version of JoinFS. :(

Because I downloaded and updated to the latest version, I'm on my own until others start downloading the latest version...
(Everyone else stopped downloading versions of JoinFS at 1.4.29) but I wanted my JoinFS to be as updated as possible, not realizing that I'd updated myself right of being able to fly online with everyone else :(

Issue here is: now I have to wait for everyone else on the planet to update to a version that I already have (or one that's compatible to the one I already have)...

This explains why whenever I right click on another aircraft, the "follow" menu comes up, but it's all "greyed-out", because my version of JoinFS isn't compatible with anyone else's....

I created a hub, and brought up the "hubs list", and I'm the ONLY one on 1.4.33
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Peter wrote:Hi Tinkerbell 691,

The map is provided by ATC Roo. I'm sure he'll be on to it.

Peter
I've been in work this morning.
It'll be fixed and back shortly.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Don't worry, Tinkerbell. I'm sure others will be updating very soon. I try to keep incompatible versions to a minimum as a rule, but the latest changes involved some low level tinkering, so it wasn't really viable.

I've added 1.4.25 to the archive, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/archive.html, in case you wish to revert back to that version for the time being.

Peter
Tinkerbell 691

Post by Tinkerbell 691 »

Well, I see other hubs have just made a liar out of me this morning.... :)

shortly after I posted that no one else had updated to 1.4.33, I noticed other hubs began to update..... (whew)

(maybe the word about the update needed a little help getting out) (I'm hoping it was just silly luck)

but I did want to take the time out to thank you anyway :)

(both you Peter, and Roo)

:)

Sincerely,
Tinkerbell 691
Tinkerbell 691

Post by Tinkerbell 691 »

Now I have another question for you... (if it's not too much)

I have VRS Tacpack, and I often spawn in an aircraft carrier in other hubs, but because it's "an object" and not an aircraft, it doesn't show up in other hubs (letting anyone else in that same hub, or anyone wishing to join said hub) know, that there is a "C" (carrier object) somewhere located on that hub...(by placing a "1" or "2" under "C" for aircraft carrier objects).
Even when I click on "broadcast" to show everyone on the server that there's an aircraft carrier there, it doesn't show that there's a carrier object in someone else's hub, only if I'm set up as a hub, does it ever show a "1" under "C" (indicating that I'm broadcasting an aircraft carrier for others to be able to fly on and off of).

(Would be helpful if us "naval aviators" could get together at times for some fun, daring, flying on and off the flight deck together...)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Have you opened the objects list from the menu, View|Objects? The carrier should be listed in there. Tick the broadcast option for that object and others should see it.

Please note that with the latest version you will also need to ask others to enable permissions for multiple objects via your entry in their user list.

Peter
Tinkerbell 691

Post by Tinkerbell 691 »

Have noticed that whenever I bring up the "Aircraft" window, sometimes this window "stretches itself" to the point where I cannot see any of the useful information on it. When I try to make the window larger, it just "stretches out" the names, and I don't get to see anything else. (Have put up with issue for a while now.) :(

Resizing the window doesn't help, because just the aircraft names portion of the window just stretch out, meaning you don't get to see distances, altitudes, etc.
Harmanpubg18

Post by Harmanpubg18 »

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's great to know that people are using JoinFS and having some great experiences with it. Makes it all worth it :)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Please post a new topic to report bugs.

Thanks,
Peter