Hub status

Report problems with JoinFS.
Wood

Hub status

Post by Wood »

Hi Peter

quick question regarding the displayed HUB /s We at VCW3 have our Hub running 24/7 and its been up for the few days since I restarted it. It seems every 2 or 3 days it removed itself or is not displayed in the Hub selection even though its up and online. Any idea's why this is happening.
hub status.png
hub status.png (37.6 KiB) Viewed 9215 times
wood
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Hub status

Post by Peter »

Hi Wood,

Is your hub called "VCW3". I can't see it listed. Do you have port forwarding enabled for UDP on the right port number?

Peter
Wood

Post by Wood »

Hi Peter

Server is called Atlantic Fleet VCW3. Yes ports open as it should. From previous post it does display but only for a couple off days then for some reason is removed. If the Hub is running 24/7 and should be displayed. Correct?

As you can See it's displaying on the actual server when i bring up hubs.
server hub.png
server hub.png (91.4 KiB) Viewed 9196 times
But for some reason it is not being displayed to the clients.

Wood
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Yes, there's definitely a problem there.

First of all, when you see your own hub in your list, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be able to see it. A JoinFS hub will always show itself at the top of that list.

When you say it disappears after two days, is it disappearing from the top of its own list after running for two days?

I still haven't seen this server in my own list. Could you send me a PM with the address and port number for the server and I'll see if I can track down the problem.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Found the bug, will be fixed in 1.1.5.

Thanks,
Peter
Wood

Post by Wood »

Hi Peter.

Does this new stable version you released on the 28th have this issue fixed?

Wood
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

No, it will be fixed in 1.1.5.

Peter
Wood

Post by Wood »

Hi Peter.

Hey we're still running into the hub not been seen in the hub area. Nothing has changed at except for updating to 1.6.

Here's an example. Getting another member setup with joinfs client for the first time. He was asked to go to views/hubs and should be able to see all hubs that are online. He could see everyone except for ours until he actually created a bookmark. Only then was he an able to see the our hub.

Wood
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Wood,

There will be some delay while the hub information gets propagated around the network. The hub messages are only processed every two minutes, so it could be several minutes before you start to see changes. It's done that way so that it's very light on resources.

It's probably best not to use a hub if you're just meeting up with friends. That's what the bookmarks are designed for. Hubs are more of a permanent online meeting point that any pilot can join at any time.

Peter
Wood

Post by Wood »

That's exactly why we have the hub 24/7 so members can join and fly at there convience. So for us there is no other option then a hub.
Last edited by Wood on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wood

Post by Wood »

That's exactly why we have the hub 24/7 so members can join and fly at there convience. So for us there is no other option then a hub or its back to running a peer to peer server.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ah right, ok. Should be fine then. If it still doesn't come up after a few minutes then let me know.

Thanks,
Peter
fseindhoven

Post by fseindhoven »

Wood wrote:That's exactly why we have the hub 24/7 so members can join and fly at there convience. So for us there is no other option then a hub or its back to running a peer to peer server.
Hi Wood
you don't need a 'hub'..
Build as explained here : https://flightsimeindhoven.wordpress.co ... fs-server/
Have fun
Jan
PH-JVA - FlightSim Eindhoven
Wood

Post by Wood »

fseindhoven wrote:
Wood wrote:That's exactly why we have the hub 24/7 so members can join and fly at there convience. So for us there is no other option then a hub or its back to running a peer to peer server.
Hi Wood
you don't need a 'hub'..
Build as explained here : https://flightsimeindhoven.wordpress.co ... fs-server/
Have fun
Jan
PH-JVA - FlightSim Eindhoven
?? I don''t think your understanding what I'm saying.. i already know that. What I'm saying is people can not see our hub in the hub list even though its online and running. I'm aware of what your saying here. Thank you for your post though

wood
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

I followed this for a bit and thought it was resolved since I could see Atlantic Fleet VCW3 on the Hub list.

It is still there and on line.

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Is it still not working, Wood? Send me a PM with the IP address if you like and I will investigate it.

Peter
Wood

Post by Wood »

Dan-TXHills wrote:I followed this for a bit and thought it was resolved since I could see Atlantic Fleet VCW3 on the Hub list.

It is still there and on line.

Dan
Hi Dan thanks for the reply, I thought it was fixed too as well but it seems that I can not see it period. May I ask you if your using the default port or have you changed it.
I'm at a loss here. :shock: It's running and has been running for the past 3 weeks. As I indicated before an new member of ours connected to Join FS went to view and hubs and could see every one else except for VCW3. Now I'm not sure but I'm connecting to VCW3 Hub through my local network when joining but that should not matter as when I pull up the hub page I should be able to see all online hubs whether i'm on the web or local network.
However your indicating that you can see it.

Hi Peter I just updated to 1.1.8 and still getting the same issue on my end. May I ask if you are seeing it at all?

Thanks
Wood
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

Wood - just loaded 1.1.8 and I see your Atlantic Fleet VCW3 hub.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Wood,

I can see 'Atlantic Fleet VCW3'. Is that you? Just going from memory, I've seen that regularly for some weeks now.

Peter
Wood

Post by Wood »

Peter wrote:Hi Wood,

I can see 'Atlantic Fleet VCW3'. Is that you? Just going from memory, I've seen that regularly for some weeks now.

Peter

Hi Peter

That's great news thank you and yes that is me. Then all is working on what really matters. I'm probably thinking the reason why I can't see it on my network is because I have it booked marked already where it shows online. would that be a correct statement.

Wood