Euroscope Setup

Report problems with JoinFS.
Artist

Euroscope Setup

Post by Artist »

Hello.

I am looking for some extra assistance. I've followed instructions to enable Euroscope with JoinFS. I have another user on Flight Simulator 2020 at the moment with a plane spawned in and I cannot pick it up on Euroscope. I also cant communicate.

I have provided a screenshot here to see if all the settings are as they should be?

Thank you very much and hopefully there is something I have missed or made a mistake on.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-07-21 082806 (1).png
Screenshot 2022-07-21 082806 (1).png (238.65 KiB) Viewed 9576 times
ATC Roo

Re: Euroscope Setup

Post by ATC Roo »

Hi Artist,

So you're using 4 different programs (I do the same), so we'll go through them one by one.

Simcom X All looks good, but the status light is orange.
This means nobody else has connected to the same voice server, hence nobody to talk to/hear.

You have also select FSX in the Simcom X config, but you're not connected to a sim?
Because you are not connected to a SIM your Lat Lon will be 0. So with Voice distance also ticked you will only hear people at most 200nm from the equator.
I would Remove FSX, Voice distance and Show messages.

ESJFS
The word JoinFS is orange, which means it hasn't managed to read the joinFS whazzup file.
It will turn green if it can read the file.
Because it's not read the file, there is nothing to show on EuroScope. I'd check that the whazzup file is in the folder you specified and that there is data in the whazzup file.

Euroscope
Looks good.
It shows an ESJFS message at the bottom, which shows it has connected to ESJFS.
It's just that ESJFS has no data to send it.

JoinFS
Also looks good.
The Whazzup box is ticked, so should be creating a whazzup file in the relevant folder.