x-plane crashes when joinFS connects

Report problems with JoinFS.
Jansky

x-plane crashes when joinFS connects

Post by Jansky »

Hello,
Since version 3.1.4 my x-plane(11.55) is unable to connect without crashes. Current version in use is 3.2.8.

A connection can be made, but as soon as other aircraft are within the active range or have to be shown in the sim, X-Plane just crashes. As long as enough distance is maintained, so other planes do not become visible,the sim and the connection are stable.

I have done multiple "scanning for models" but to no avail. Only the v3.1.4 is able to maintain the connection, but often halve planes
are displayed then.

Mutiple uninstalls & re installs have been done, and the registry has been edited to delete old and obsolete entries of JoinFS,
and the corresponding plugin in present in resources/plugins/JoinFS

Maybe someone knows a solution for this stubborn problem.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: x-plane crashes when joinFS connects

Post by Peter »

Did it show anything at the end of <x-plane>\Log.txt ?

Peter
Jansky

Post by Jansky »

Hi Peter,

Not that i'm aware of; only noticed 2 injected aircraft. Mostly, when x-plane crashes, this is mentioned in the log.txt. Maybe there are known
other plugins which are incompatible? for example LiveTraffic is installed, but always disable that one via the plugin manager before connecting with joinFS.

When connecting, in the aircraft list the planes that are within the set range appear in green and the moment x-plane tries to show them im the sim, it crashes.

Wim
Jansky

Post by Jansky »

hi Peter,

I searched in the log.txt, but no errors are visible in it. At the end of the file these lines appear:
JoinFS: Aircraft 2 of type 'C172 JFS Cessna_172SP_default' created
AIRCRAFT/GENERAL AVIATION/PIPISTREL PANTHERA/LIVERIES/G-JTDA/JoinFS: Aircraft 3 of type 'C172 JFS Cessna_172SP_default' created
JoinFS: Aircraft 4 of type 'C172 JFS Cessna_172SP_default' created

after that there are no more lines. X-plane simply stops (FPS counter freezes and x-plane exits)

Maybe this info helps.

Wim
Jansky

Post by Jansky »

Hi Peter,

Trying to find a solution for the crashing i uninstalled some old C++ libraries (2010,2012,2013 and 2015). Now only the 2015-2022 version is installed, needed for JoinFS and the Simionic G1000's.
This ran well. Did a few testsconnections. Could logon and to my surprise the system didn't crash, even with other planes from players in the sim visible.
After a while i substituded some planes for more correct CLS generated models. Also that kept stable. Later i wanted to test reconnecting, so disconnected and a short moment later, reconnected.
The result was the FPS counter froze and th sim crashed. The log.txt has been backupped, maybe it contains information which could help
to find/isolate the problem.

Wim
Jansky

Post by Jansky »

hello Peter,

i've reverted to version 3.1.4. In the past and now, this one performes without crashing. Of course i would like to use the newer version, but i am unable to isolate the problem what makes it crash everytime.

Wim