Custom model matching config wiped after each update

Report problems with JoinFS.
Daikan

Custom model matching config wiped after each update

Post by Daikan »

I had my rather extensive list of custom model substitutions wiped twice now after updating JFS via the downloaded installer...

Is this a known bug?

Also, where is this info stored so that I can make sure I can create a backup?

Sim: X-Plane 11
Current JFS version: 3.2.8
Daikan

Re: Custom model matching config wiped after each update

Post by Daikan »

I guess I can answer my own question about the storage location: It's in file "%LOCALAPPDATA%\JoinFS-XPLANE\matching - X-Plane.txt"

So it looks like this is getting overwritten with each installation/update...
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It should only get wiped if the model names had changed for some reason. It doesn't get wiped with each update. When the model scanning changed recently the names were different which meant losing the substitutions. The other time would have been when installing JoinFS-XPLANE. You might possibly find your old subs in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\JoinFS\matching - X-Plane.txt"

Peter
Daikan

Post by Daikan »

So the explanation is one or more recent changes in the model scanning code of JFS producing different names for the generated CSL models then?

I can say for sure that my X-Plane aircraft models and .acf's didn't change.

FYI: I ran 2 installers for JoinFS-XPLANE in order to upgrade my existing installation and both times the info got wiped it seems. Unfortunately I can't remember which versions I was upgrading from... I only know that my last upgrade was targeting an already existing JoinFS-XPLANE installation.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Oh, ok, I will check this out then. I assumed it was related to the recent changes of the last few months, but I can check if each version keeps removing the subs.

Peter