MSFS Aircraft in sight Distance

Report problems with JoinFS.
IslandControl

MSFS Aircraft in sight Distance

Post by IslandControl »

Hi All,

I found recently that if connecting with MSFS the recent fixes for direction and stuttering are amazing however.... Aircraft only are displayed when they are within around 1 mile of me regardless of the sim they are using.

When I connect with FSX I can see the aircraft for miles, despite whatever sim the other pilots are using.

When I connect using another client e.g. Vpilot or IVAO Altitude I can see aircraft injected much further away so I know it's not an MSFS issue with external clients?

Wondering if there is something in the code? (Peter if you can fix this to work the same as all other sims with JoinFS I'll buy you several coffee's!)

Thanks in Advance

Daniel
P.S. We have noticed that updates have been coming thicker and faster than ever in JoinFS history and debugging is happening ALL the time for which on behalf of the (newly migrated) UK317 community we are all really grateful! We moved here because of the continued support!
Peter
Site Admin

Re: MSFS Aircraft in sight Distance

Post by Peter »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your comments on the recent MSFS changes. Glad to hear of the improvements. It is still not as good as it used to be due to the change that happened in MSFS SimConnect. However, there may be some movement on that. There was something on their tech support yesterday that someone will be looking into the issue, so fingers crossed.

The distance that aircraft are shown can be changed in MSFS, I think. In the old days of FSX and P3D there is a setting in the configuration file called SmallPartRejectRadius. This can be changed to allow aircraft to show at greater distances. Here is a link to some information on it. https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/09/ ... ectradius/. If you do a bit of searching around that setting still might work with MSFS or there may be an alternative.

I will do a bit of investigating here.

Peter
IslandControl

Re: MSFS Aircraft in sight Distance

Post by IslandControl »

Thanks Peter, that's great I'll have a look into it and let you know If It helps? Just seems strange that it works in IVAO and Vatsim clients but not JoinFS hence my troubleshooting prior to raising the topic.

I see in Sim Update 8 (out this week), there are a couple new mappable things too (aileron and elevator) which I'm sure you'll integrate for even greater realism especially if flying close to others!

Alpine Magic loves the mapped events already so more would be great!